Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
-Aww Dip-
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it appears that my clear coat is starting to peel up on my back driver's side door. The sport is about 4 inches long or so. Is there anyway to keep this from spreading?? I keep a pretty healthy coat of wax on the car. Also, on average, how much would a decent paint job of the same color cost me?

Here is a pic of what I'm talkin/worried about

Any help would be great!

thanks,
JC

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Has the door undergone previous repair/refinishing? Might be a problem with the repair.

Will probably have to blend into adjacent panels and reclear everything. Never panel paint.

You cannot stop the advance of the peeling as moisture will enter between the topcoat and base; especially in areas subjected to freezing temps.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I always thought that the clear coat on cars was most likely worn off due to when back in the day they didn't have the touchless car wash. The car washes with the frayed plastic looking ones were the worst in my opinion. those things beat the snot out a cars paint. this don't really help your prob bro but maybe it will prevent future damage.

·
-Aww Dip-
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LPB said:
Has the door undergone previous repair/refinishing? Might be a problem with the repair.

Will probably have to blend into adjacent panels and reclear everything. Never panel paint.

You cannot stop the advance of the peeling as moisture will enter between the topcoat and base; especially in areas subjected to freezing temps.
As far as I know, it has never been repaired or refinished. So are you telling me that i can't just have somebody re-spray over that?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.