Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
To find out if clear corners r legal call ur nearest DMV or police station. Either way, just put them on lol. As for side markers I believe they r not, b/c if u look at new cars (volvo's & vw for example) hav them on already. ur clear coners r 194 if I'm right, and ur bumper r 1157. Call ur nearest acura or kragen they hav all the info 4 u. As for the colors, also check with ur DMV or pigs lol, some states or cities don't care :p.

To remove the parts go here
http://legendtuner.com/

Latin...............................

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I've had clear corners and bumpers for about 7 months and so far have had no problems. Some cops are more strict than other and can be real d!ckheads and pull you over and give you a ticket for them, but check out DMV and see if they are illegal.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It will vary state by state. However, I believe the general rule is that you can have clear bumpers and corners so long as you have an amber bulb in them.

Here in CO, I have had clear corners and bumpers for months with white bulbs and I have had no problems. The thing is, if you have a heavily moddified car here the cops will tend to go after you more. My car is stock on the outside so the cops harass me less.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
yeah, the ya re pretty much ok..but varies by state....
NOw if you have JDM corners (one bulb), you will need to add a sidemarker to keep in compliance with state laws and keep outof accidents. Just do NOT put a BLUE bulb in these places..unless its for a show or you don't mind trouble ;)

PIAA or Polarg make nice superwhite bulbs...corners = both are 168/194, bumper 1156

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm in VA, where anything other than OEM is illegal...
but I do have clears on the front of my Ac Leg and the only time I had gotten pulled over was when I had white blinker in my bumpers, for as long as I have had amber bulbs in my bumper lenses, I have not had a confrontation with the LAW...! Also, in my corner lenses I have PIAA plasma whites wedge bulbs, they look real clean and they don't give off a blue light (although it is a blue-colored bulb).
I also recommend, if you are considering on purchasing the clears that you check out www.autodynamic.com they have probably the cheapest clears for the Leg... appx $20-$30...
Late and Good Luck.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
I will make it easy for everyone. If any lemp on your car does not have DOT engraved in it, it is illegal. I know the euro corneres are. It even says Off-road and show use only on the box. Now I have the euro clears and cleared bumpers. My local cops actually like my car. I havn't had a problem yet. I kept my factory corners so that if I get a ticket I can change them out for court.
Later!
Lee

G

·
Well, if you get a ticket and the cop says that you had Clear corners in you can't be like, "look judge, I have amber ones in, he was lying!" :p :rolleyes:. If you think that you are going to have any problems in your state then I would suggest just not doing it. In the application on legends it looks so good that it could be perceived as being stock so long as your other modifications on your car aren't to extreme. And I know that you aren't going for the exterior extreme look so I guess that you would be fine.

I have gotten pulled over 4 times by the cops since I got my clear corners, and have never once gotten a ticket for any of that stuff. Two of those times were for speeding (which I got dismissed in court), another was for forgetting to put on my license tabs (which were on the counter), and the third was because the cop wanted to know what I was doing out so late (1:30AM and I was 16 at the time).

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
In any state, an improper equipment fine can almost always be cleared up with the presentation of the car, or documentation, to the court. This way you only pay a small fine. A lot of states require some proof of it being "fixed" before you can pay your fine. I might get caught with them, but at least I don't have to hunt down any OEMs quickly to get through court.
Later!
Lee

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i dont get this and it kind of pisses me off. im about to buy clear corners and bumpers now but how come you can only get "euro clears" for the coupe and not for the sedan. IMO the euros look so much better and i want a look like that for my sedan, is there anything i can do to get it? im talking about both clear corners and clear bumpers. also where did everyone order theirs from? and which ones are the best? the ones at procarparts.com look better then the ones at autodynamic.com, at least for the ones for the sedan. and are the ones on ebay any good?

lastly, i read something here about some guy who got ripped off by procarparts.com and they stole his money..........has anyone else had this problem or what kind of experiences have people had with procarparts.com ?

please reply fast, thanks guys

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
ok i dont get this and it kind of pisses me off. im about to buy clear corners and bumpers now but how come you can only get "euro clears" for the coupe and not for the sedan. IMO the euros look so much better and i want a look like that for my sedan, is there anything i can do to get it? im talking about both clear corners and clear bumpers. also where did everyone order theirs from? and which ones are the best? the ones at procarparts.com look better then the ones at autodynamic.com, at least for the ones for the sedan. and are the ones on ebay any good?

lastly, i read something here about some guy who got ripped off by procarparts.com and they stole his money..........has anyone else had this problem or what kind of experiences have people had with procarparts.com ?

There are no euro clear corners or bumpers for the sedan, only the coupe has them. The ones from procarparts.com and autodynamic.com and on ebay should be the same, they're all made by APC anyway. I got mine from autodynamic 2 years ago, they're still good for me.
Some people dealt with procarparts.com and got their products just fine, some had some customer service issues, I think the problem is that they use a automated e-mail system and no one actually monitor the system, so people couldn't get thru to them if they have ordering issues. Now I bought indiglo gauges from Procarparts, and I had no problem at all.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
naa the ones at autodynamic.com and procarparts.com look different to me, but maybes its just the pic? i dont know, here you guys tell me............these are all for the 91-95 sedan

heres the CLEAR CORNER from autodynamic.com

heres the one from procarparts.com

they look pretty close i guess............but the procarparts do seem to look better IMO............maybe its just they used better lighting techniques??

ok now heres the clear bumpers.............
heres autodynamic.com

and heres the procarparts.com

dont the autodynamics seem to look black in the middle and not clear? maybe its just the lighting again, i dont know, but IMO the procarparts look better again.................you guys tell me.

lastly, is there ANY WAY AT ALL to get "euro clear" look bumpers and corners on my sedan? thanks alot

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Unless you plan on making them yourself, you will not find any Euro corners for the sedan. As far as the one from Pro and Auto, they are the same. THe lighting they used may have affected the camera shot. IMO, the Euro's are too shiny for those stock housings..if you want to go Euro, find you a set of One Piecer's on Ebay...they are on there all the time, and you will get the desired look you want.

·
Registered
282 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:

Yea, im the guy who said i got ripped off by procarparts.com and they stole my money. i was asking questions about aftermarket intakes b/c i had ordered the generic intake from them, and they never sent me a confirmation email, and i never got any replies from them. the reason i thought they ripped me was b/c i ordered 2 things from them at once, mailed them the same day. i got my first item (gauges), with the confirmation email and all, but almost 3 weeks passed and no word about the intake at all. this pissed me off b/c i know that if they got my gauge payment, they definitely got my intake payment too (the two were right next to each other) however, the next day my intake DID actually come in, but i never got any confirmation email (which is really the only thing that will put your mind at ease of whether or not your money got thru) sorry for bad mouthing procarparts.com, they send you your stuff......eventually :rolleyes:

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
I want to know

I would like to know for sure if they are legal or not in Washington State. I just e-mailed the Department of Transportation. My dad has a Citizens Academy Class (Learns Cop Stuff) every Wednesday night. I am printing a picture of a Legend with clear corners as I type and I am going to ask him to take it with and ask the cops to see what they say!

·
Registered
282 Posts
they should be legal everywhere. as long as there are the 5th gen maximas (or even 4th gen), clear corners will be legal since both of these cars come with clear conors as stock. so unless you see maximas geting pulled over for having clears and for being stock (haha RIGHT), your legend should hav eno problem either. just keep the orange bulb in.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
rquest77 said:
they should be legal everywhere. as long as there are the 5th gen maximas (or even 4th gen), clear corners will be legal since both of these cars come with clear conors as stock. so unless you see maximas geting pulled over for having clears and for being stock (haha RIGHT), your legend should hav eno problem either. just keep the orange bulb in.
Clear corner are illegal, the law states that an amber reflector should be seen from the side of the car. If you look at the the Mximas, they have a small amber side reflector to make the corners legal. Our cars don't have that peice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts