Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
That is the same place I got mine from, just make sure they have them in stock before you order them or you will have to wait for them o get a shipment, 4-6 weeks. But as for the price, they are about the same anywhere else when you add tax and s/h. I would go for it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot. Did you go with the standard clears or the euro? Were they difficult to install? Can I use the same bulbs that are in my amber OEM corners?

Thanks. Mark

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have a sedan so the euros aren't available, and no the are easy to install, one screw and a little muscle to get them out, be easy not to break the plastic pins, and I put in blue bulbs (not legal), if you use the same bulbs the will be clear bulbs but when lit they look like crap, and if you install amber then that defetes the purpose, the amber is why I bought the clear ones in the first place.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Clear Corners

I got mine there also (standard). They are easy to install. You can use your existing bulbs, but most replace them with an amber bulb so it still flashes amber when you use your turn signal.

In my sig pic I still have the stock corners. (very old pic)

:2cool:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I got mine there too. Good company. go to www.legendtuner.com for instructions. Its in the upgrades section 5th from the top.(4th if you dont count the dead link) Also blue lights can be bought at just about any auto parts store. Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, Napa. I just bought some clear bumpers that im going to install and i bought some blue coated lights that when they blink theyre still amber(so theyre legal or i would get just blue)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I would go with the euro ones...i like that look a lot better. I have a sedan, so I didnt have a choice. Now that I think aobut it, I have seen a 4 door legend with the euro corners a long time ago. Anyways....I like the euro.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that's what I was thinking. the euro's seem to flow a little better with the headlights because they are both completely transparent with the horizontal lines - hopefully the lines are level with eachother. looks like you also went with the clear bumpers? were those difficult to change yourself?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, so my clear corners and bumpers will arrive today - I can't wait to put them on! But now it looks like I may have a bulb color issue, is that right? I assume the corner bulbs are clear, and only look amber because of the housing, and i know I have to have color turn signals legally, so should I just buy amber bulbs? Are there any other colors I could use instead?

Also, since I'm changing the lights substantially, I was thinking about replacing the head light bulbs with new bulbs - any suggestions? I kind of like the ones with a blueish tint, but I'm okay with the really bright white if those are that much better.

Do you have a particular online store that you like for bulbs?

Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ImportFanatic said:
I got mine there too. Good company. go to www.legendtuner.com for instructions. Its in the upgrades section 5th from the top.(4th if you dont count the dead link) Also blue lights can be bought at just about any auto parts store. Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, Napa. I just bought some clear bumpers that im going to install and i bought some blue coated lights that when they blink theyre still amber(so theyre legal or i would get just blue)
Where did you get your blue-coated amber bulbs from?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Paradise said:
I put in blue bulbs (not legal), if you use the same bulbs the will be clear bulbs but when lit they look like crap, and if you install amber then that defetes the purpose, the amber is why I bought the clear ones in the first place.
Paradise we have WAY too much in common, my clear corners also have blue bulbs in them

Acura addict said:
The blue bulbs don't really look that blue when lit.
Evidently you didn't see the right bulbs because mine look blue. Except for my blue bumper lights, they are white with a blue tint to them, but the corners are pure blue.(illegal, cops around here dont care and if they did theyre too dumb to worry about pulling me over about it)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
94LCoupe said:
I think you will be disappointed with the Euro corners. It doesn't really blend in with the headlight. It's too clear and it looks cheap after about 2 days.
Damn, I wish you had told me that sooner. well, if they are terrible, at least it was $40 wasted instead of $400...they shoudl arrive today so we'll see. You already tried them yourself, or saw someone else with them?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ImportFanatic said:
Evidently you didn't see the right bulbs because mine look blue. Except for my blue bumper lights, they are white with a blue tint to them, but the corners are pure blue.(illegal, cops around here dont care and if they did theyre too dumb to worry about pulling me over about it)
Hey, where did you get your blue bulbs from?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So the lights came in yesterday, and while the bumpers look fine (they even game me a set of amber bulbs, but said above, they kind of defeat the purpose); but they sent the wrong corners. I ordered the euro's and got the standard - you think I should keep the standard or still go with the euros? 94LCoupe, you said the euros don't look right - do you have any pics? I was really hoping the euros would match close enough to look like one-piece at a quick glance...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.