Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who carries the clear corner lenses and tail lights for an 88 Ls Legend? This site is so great...its hard to find people willing to help with hard to find parts, thanks guys!

Michelle

·
Registered
79 Posts
no they dont come like that for the sedan. only the 90 coupes come with the top part clear and bottom half red

·
Registered
867 Posts
pissed that my 89 ls coupe didnt come with those tail lights

if by anychance i have to replace them ill probably look for those 90 tail lights

·
Registered
9 Posts
clear corners

If anyone has a decent amount of time on their hands and is pretty good with a satering iron then you can take the path that I did. What you do is use the satering iron and melt the amber section out of the lights,(use mask it smells real bad) once you have the amber out, go get some cutable plastic(I used the type that comes off packagess) and shape it to the amber sectiong that is now out. Lastly get a glue gun and glue the piece in and seal it pretty well, for a finishing touch I glued electrical tape around the edge to appear as weathering strip.
w

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: clear corners

brianc said:
If anyone has a decent amount of time on their hands and is pretty good with a satering iron then you can take the path that I did. What you do is use the satering iron and melt the amber section out of the lights,(use mask it smells real bad) once you have the amber out, go get some cutable plastic(I used the type that comes off packagess) and shape it to the amber sectiong that is now out. Lastly get a glue gun and glue the piece in and seal it pretty well, for a finishing touch I glued electrical tape around the edge to appear as weathering strip.
w
do you have a pic of that? - how long does that take?

·
Registered
689 Posts
PLEASE SHOW US!

i've been wanting to do this for SOOO long, but haven't had the guts to go ahead and do it.

Using the saudering gun to extract the old amber piece sounds like a good idea, but i was wondering where i could get reflective or clear plastic, about as strong as the amber plastic currently existing in the stock models.

Please show us!! thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
clear lenses

All in all it takes about two hours but is totally worth it, the plastic that I used is not as strong but works good if you totally seal it off with a glue gun. For a blue effect I think that I am going to use the material from one of those sparklets water tanks. But that is later. I have to wait to get a pic but I will.

Brian

·
Registered
689 Posts
thanks

thanks Brian, looking foward to those pics.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts