Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the sedan, I think the tails are tight as hell, especially at night, with the two red bars lit up... the only thing that sucks is the amber strip. I don't want to just paint over it or something, I want to clear it just like you would with the corners. Has anybody attempted this? Is it just like doing the corners? I think that would make the ultimate taillight for me.... anyway if nobody's done it I guess I'll just have to experiment and make a DIY...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
HurricaneLegend said:
On the sedan, I think the tails are tight as hell, especially at night, with the two red bars lit up... the only thing that sucks is the amber strip. I don't want to just paint over it or something, I want to clear it just like you would with the corners. Has anybody attempted this? Is it just like doing the corners? I think that would make the ultimate taillight for me.... anyway if nobody's done it I guess I'll just have to experiment and make a DIY...
With the sedan tails, you can't simply clear it. Because the outer lense of the tail is amber, so remove that peice will leave you with a hole in the tail light.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
HurricaneLegend said:
Oh I see... I figured it was just a diffuser inside or something... oh well. I guess I'll just paint it red.
If you paint it on the outside, make sure you put a coat of clear-coat, to make it shiny again, otherwise, it'll look too obvious.

·
No So*p For Yo*!
430 Posts
i was just thinking about putting in a red bulb in there instead. who knows. maybe it'll look orangey-red, or maybe all red?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
JJJ784 said:
i was just thinking about putting in a red bulb in there instead. who knows. maybe it'll look orangey-red, or maybe all red?
It'll still glow amber/orange, it doesn't matter what color bulbs you put in, it will light up whatever the lense color will be.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I got REDDDDNESSS!

REDDDNESSS

I somehow got mine to LIGHT red! You heard me right! I used a paint from a local store that is made for glass. Its a "stained glass" look paint. I used 3 good coats to ensure that I would get rid of the orange, and it actually friggin' worked! I will take pictures shortly, but it worked!

If you can find this "stained glass" type spray on paint, use several good coats and you are on your way to RED tail lights. However, I used 3 full thicker coats, and it also "tinted" my tail lights darker (which I like better), so I will also be going over the rest of the light 1-2 times to make everything match well... I will let everyone know.

-Sh0ck3d

NEXT STEP:
Wiring turn signals to light when brake is pressed, and blink when signal is on... Requires bulb replacement, but I will take pics and make a tutorial if anyone else is interested...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pics of RED LIGHTING Tails

Here is a crappy pic of my red taillights... I tinted them using my above method using "stained glass" paint. For some reason the left tail looks orange, but to my eyes and a bunch of my friends (4) we cannot see the difference... They light RED! Somehow the camera flash brought the left one out more orangish... But even up close it looks straight red! It also NEAR matches the same brightness as when the lights are on (in pic).

Good luck if you try this!

-Sh0ck3d

PS: Sorry for the bad image! I finally got a digital to use (tonight), later I might post daytime ones so you can see!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts