Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm getting the clifford intillguard 7000 tomarrow. Dont know too much about the blackjack system, but i bet it works pretty good. Also remember, its not really how good the alarm system is, but how you install it. So make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to install it. Some installers just stick the alarm above the kick panels which is very easily accessable. The intillguard 7000 costs about 400 installed.

·
Registered
847 Posts
denny, don't forget the tilt sensor option to protect your rims:D

also, automotive doesn't hook up black jacks unless you request and pay for it since most people don't like the idea of punching codes every time they drive the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good deal Legend95! I actually have an antique Clifford 700 series system installed on my car; I figure it's about time to upgrade since the thieves are getting smarter. I'll also be sure to keep your suggestion in mind about the under-dash installation. Thanks!

I have a set of Koneig RS-5's on my Legend and I have 2 sets of wheel locks on them to make it a little harder for thieves to steal. Is there anything else I can do considering how likely it is for others to have the same set of wheel keys and just pop my lugs off?

What's the tilt sensor option Claus44? I thought alarms turned off when the car's tilted 45 degrees so that tow trucks can tow them....is the feature you're talking about turning off that option so it sounds when the car is tilted up? Thanks for the suggestion by the way.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Brian, double check on that Black Jax on your system. I think it's integrated into the brain, if I'm not mistaken. That's how it is on mine. It's just not activated. You can activate it yourself by referring to the User Programmable Features table.

PS. Got your message. Thanks! :D

Denny, FINALLY! :D

dlowrey1972, Clifford has a digital tilt sensor that goes off when it senses any change in the attitude of the car when it is parked.

·
Registered
847 Posts
yes, the black jack is integrated into the brain, but it also requires hooking up RPM sensors and stuff. That's why automotive didn't do it:rolleyes: They said that it's extra work and I found out that it doesn't work when I tried to setup my IG7000 to lock my doors by RPM monitoring.

Graeme, let me know if you need more help on the network = )
You use charter, right??

·
92 LS *o*pe
466 Posts
As an installer myself the blackjack on the the alarm is more of a pain in the butt to user and anything else due to the fact that everytime the door is open the blackjack features goes into effect. In order for you to turn it off the proper code must be enter or else the car will die out. If you like you can request to have it hook up. You can also try for a while and if you ever deside not to have the blackjack feature any more you can have the installer or shop to turn it off for you. Or you can do it yourself. Of course it does takes some ready though. Good Luck:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts