Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I'm trying to take out my climate control; I took out the two screws that should hold them, but climate control won't come out. Should there be another screw somewhere? After I took out the 2 screws, the unit moves, but it seems stuck somewhere. Please advise. Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks much buddy. You were right; I just took it out.

I think you're probably one of the best assets we have on acura-legend.com. Keep it up -- you'll get your blessings in return.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can anyone tell me what refrigrant in in a 1991 Acura Legend? R 134 a or 12a?
When I check Chilton's it does not specify clearly what is in it. It talks about both but does not specify which year has what.
I'd appreciate knowing as mine needs to be topped up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ari One, my 1991 LS sedan has cancer around the rear wheel wells and on the trunk lid, how is the sheet metal around the one your are parting out. Shipping costs from your location to Canada likely makes sending any thing of any size out of the question however, if yours was hit from the rear there may be some pieces I can graft onto mine. Let me know please.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
If you want to ask me a specific question please send me a PM as I don't always go back and read messages that I may have put an answer or thought into.

1. As for a universal refrigerant, never heard of one. My understanding has been that the only successful way to convert is to have everything vacuumed out, including oil. Replace connections, receiver/dryer, o-rings, add pag-oil, and fill with R134.

2. Sheet metal is good but shipping to Canada is always restrictive, send me a PM on exactly what pieces you would want.

3. I've still got one climate control available, listed in the parting out section:
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbullet...white-91l-automatic-sedans-phoenix-az-122896/

·
Registered
966 Posts
I wanted to add to this thread what I did personally to my 91 Sedan. A/c
started getting warmer (then very warm= not working)this January. I researched the subject and found a company at Maxi-frig refrigerant--Colder & Lower Head Pressure - Maxifrig that sells
a freon ($8.00 a can) that is compatible with both freon ref. oils. I changed the fittings to 134 fittings on the car ( as the can of freon comes with a 134 style top) and installed 2 cans of the freon. Has worked very fine since Feb. 15. I did not evacuate the system nor change anything other than gauge fittings. So far so good. The freon that I added does contain a leak dye, but I haven't seen where my leak is yet. I don't want to make any specific recommendations, just relay what my experience has been. If one tries this,
without using gauges, be very careful NOT to overfill the system. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.