Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have just left my house to go see my gf, and after just rolling down my hill as i left my house, i put in neutral (auto tranny) and revved the engine up a bit high (bout 5000) to help pump oil (i have lifter tapping) and all of a sudden the little yellow engine light came on.

i pulled over, turned the car off, then turned it back on, put into drive, and it just conked out. i did the same thing again, turned the car on, checked the ecu at the passenger feet part and its giving 4 flashes (crank angle sensor i believe) but the car seems to run fine now, yellow light is still on the dash though.

any idea, help? how serious is this? i might go reset the ecu and see if it dissapears.

just throw suggestions at me.

thanks a lot for your time,

mike.

·
Legend
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot for that, i got a bit worried, but when i went to leave my gf's house the yellow light has gone off the dash board, but still 4 flashing lights at the ecu.

the weird thing is that everything seems to running fine again.

where abouts would i be looking to find a new crank angle sensor, bear in mind im from australia. would i be looking on american ebay? or are they a sort of universal type thing.

i figure if i get the parts, then take it to a mechanic, it wont be as expensive.

thanks a lot for your help.

mike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.