Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea so my question is if i put coilovers on my stock struts, how crappy will it ride and how long till they blow? also how do kyb gr2's ride, the stock replacements with coilovers>?? all comments and answers are welcome...i know koni is the way to go but the problem right now is $$$$$$$$$...let me know what you think??

-john

below in my sig is a photoshop, and i dont want to go that low...just a small drop maybe 2 inch..thanks

· Premium Member
9,642 Posts
I would wait to install them until you get Koni's. I don't think the ride will be that great, and to compromise ride quality for looks is just insane. Plus you'll be paying twice if you don't do the work yourself.

That's my honest opinion.

· I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
im totally confused about your question.

the legend is stock with coilspring over shock suspension (coilover). how would you change this? Are you talking about just installing some lowering springs on stock shocks?

the KYB boys are terrible, there pretty much a stock replacement. not too much better than stock.

If you're looking for an adjustable collar you're going to need a shock body made for that-i.e. a body with threads build into it- or sleeves that you can weld, or clamp (extremely tightly, dont want 3300lbs of Acura slipping down to the bumpstops), to the shock body.

if you're trying to be low budget, just get some lowering springs.

oh and about the pic. most lowering springs and the such dont drop the legend more than 1.80 inches that i know of (these are REAL spring manufacturers, not made in taiwan style).

· Premium Member
9,642 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
im totally confused about your question.

the legend is stock with coilspring over shock suspension (coilover). how would you change this? Are you talking about just installing some lowering springs on stock shocks?

the KYB boys are terrible, there pretty much a stock replacement. not too much better than stock.

If you're looking for an adjustable collar you're going to need a shock body made for that-i.e. a body with threads build into it- or sleeves that you can weld, or clamp (extremely tightly, dont want 3300lbs of Acura slipping down to the bumpstops), to the shock body.

if you're trying to be low budget, just get some lowering springs.

oh and about the pic. most lowering springs and the such dont drop the legend more than 1.80 inches that i know of (these are REAL spring manufacturers, not made in taiwan style).
H&R's are the lowest I've ever had. Those dropped mine about 1.8-1.9 inches.

· NY Member
3,477 Posts
John,

I have to agree. Wait till you have the money to drop the car properly before you go wasting money putting the GC coilovers on the stock shocks. The car rides nice right now. Address the other concerns and when you have the the extra money drop the car 2 inches.

Summer '06: Koni Reds, GC coilovers, camber kit. You have 6 months to get the car the way you want it and save a thousand bucks.

-Eric

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike, that drop was on stock struts? Do you have a pic of your car with them? im most likely gonna wait till i can do it the right way but i have the opportunity now to get suspension technique springs practically free...i dont know much about those at all, anyone know what drop is on stock struts? my car rides real smooth and when i want to tuck im gonna buy koni/gc's but for now what you think about susp.tech?

· 3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,200 Posts
Have anyone done the eibach's on stock struts?? :confused:

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SCarGo. said:
You don't want GC over Konis in the future if you like the stock smooth setup. I went from GC, RSR, H&R, back to stock springs over custom cut konis.
I know what you mean man, i like the stock ride but i want the look, my fender gap is jacked up, ive driven in many slammmmed cars and its not that bad, rough but the handling is great...my cousin has tein coilovers in his civic si and they ride beautiful, it was like a 1800$ setup but its 36 way adjustable in front and rear and it really rides good..i want tein to make coilovers for us...damnnnn..lol

· 3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,200 Posts
hawaii50 said:
I Have and the ride is identical to the stock ride. of course you must cut 1inch off of the bump-stops...
thank you I'll make sure I do that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.