Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around for a cold air intake kit for my 1997 RL, but I have not been able to find one. It seems like there are none out there and I don't know what to do. :dunno: Does anyone have any idea of any CAI kits for this car? Any brand names or part numbers? Also I want to be able to get a bypass valve to prevent hydrolock. Can someone please help me out? I would appreciate it. Thank you.

·
aclegend
741 Posts
Nothing is avaliable for this car..you can always make a custom intake with a K&N round filter with custom piping and a AEM bypass for hydrolock. or u can get a shortram weapon r intake which are made for Acura legend with tcs., that might fit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been looking around for a K&N cold air intake kit for my 1997 RL, but I have not been able to find one. It seems like there are none out there and I don't know what to do. :dunno: Does anyone have any idea of any CAI kits for this car? Any brand names or part numbers? Also I want to be able to get a bypass valve to prevent hydrolock. Can someone please help me out? I would appreciate it. Thank you.
there is a DIY intake tutorial on google due a search

·
Ultimate DIYer
174 Posts
I have been looking around for a cold air intake kit for my 1997 RL, but I have not been able to find one. It seems like there are none out there and I don't know what to do. :dunno: Does anyone have any idea of any CAI kits for this car? Any brand names or part numbers? Also I want to be able to get a bypass valve to prevent hydrolock. Can someone please help me out? I would appreciate it. Thank you.
There is none out there for RL but 2nd-gen Legend (91-95) CAI kits will fit to 96-04 RL with a very minor modification. There are two types of CAI, w/ TCS or w/o TCS. You have to choose right one for yours and then cut the intake pipe a little bit toward TCS side making smooth angle with your car. That's it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is none out there for RL but 2nd-gen Legend (91-95) CAI kits will fit to 96-04 RL with a very minor modification. There are two types of CAI, w/ TCS or w/o TCS. You have to choose right one for yours and then cut the intake pipe a little bit toward TCS side making smooth angle with your car. That's it.
TCS. Does that have to do with the traction control by any chance? The stock intake pipe says TCS so my best bet would probably be the CAI with TCS. I would also be able to add the bypass valve right? I would prefer a cold air intake, but I'd get a short ram if it's better. Other than the cutting, no other changes? Thanks for the other suggestions too guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes there is an intake...

TCS. Does that have to do with the traction control by any chance? The stock intake pipe says TCS so my best bet would probably be the CAI with TCS. I would also be able to add the bypass valve right? I would prefer a cold air intake, but I'd get a short ram if it's better. Other than the cutting, no other changes? Thanks for the other suggestions too guys. :thumbsup:
This is just one of a few I have found.

search 96-03 Acura rl on ebay there is a few....

·
S Y T F U
155 Posts
I have a short ram intake (92-95 Legend) that I bought on eBay years ago, and it fits perfectly on my 98 RL. Only thing I did was cap off 2 vacuum ports on the intake arm, and that was it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts