Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about installing a short ram cold air intake in my 1994 Legend.I would like to know what are the advantages of doing so,and would it help with keeping the engine cooler?

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts
I'm thinking about installing a short ram cold air intake in my 1994 Legend.I would like to know what are the advantages of doing so,and would it help with keeping the engine cooler?
figure out the difference between the 2 first then use the search feature & decide which one is better for what you want.

·
Registered
309 Posts
short ram intake = cone filter in engine bay

cold air intake = cone filter in wheel well

The cone filters better be K&N and not off brand from ebay!

·
Registered
643 Posts
the advantage of colder air is that its denser so its better for combustion. a cold air intake is less restrictive than our stock airbox so you will get better airflow as well which means better throttle response. it will give you better mpg if you keep your same driving habits. it does not keep the engine cooler.

do a search and you will find more

·
i love the rear view
591 Posts

The cone filters better be K&N and not off brand from ebay!
well ... SPECTRE makes an as-good-not-any-less-better than k&n & it's only $20.00 at auto zone. my cai w/SPECTRE filter on the rl gives me a power increase i can feel plus sounds NIIIIIICE!!!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
i have never tried spectre brand before. But i have tried both ebay and K&N. You notice a difference during an oil change. With the ebay filter the oil is dirtier than when using the k&n.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts