Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please let me know, is it worth it to buy an aftermarket intake??? ive been looking all over the web and have seen hundreds of totally different conclusions to the performance of intakes!!!!
i own a 91 legend ls sedan.... everything stock, besides some cosmetics, but i want to add a little extra zip to it (not that it doesn't zip already).... i also eventually want a remus exhaust...
ive heard some say that a $150 intake for their sedan did nothing,some say they lost low-end or high-end power....
the point is, im confused as to whether or not i will lose this power if i buy one. maybe for a short time until i get the exhaust too? someone please help me out....

and if it is highly recommended, which intake would be best or best fit the "Ac?" thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
here's my experience with intakes on both G1 and G2 Legends.

on my 89 sedan I took a 240SX intake and cut the long end off and used the bend and the rubber adapter to mount it. probably a 5-6 hp increase. nothing much on torque, but the high end revved much much better.

on my 92 coupe i installed a Weapon R hyper filter with anadized tubing. The only thing is that I had my 2 1/2" catback and the intake installed at the same time. I probably increased at least 15-18 hp total, and I'd have to say that 6-7 of that had to do the the intake. the Legend motor is very constricted from the factory and if you open it up and let it breath, it'll give you all the performance you want.

bottom line...install the intake. you'll love the sound and the performance.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I say definately get the intake. It's definately worth it. I just got my Weaon-R intake and I still haven't installed it but from what I was told, it's definately worth it. You can check out www.importstudio.com for the weapon-r hyper intake.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've been pleased with my Weapon 'R'.... I got it bfore my GTech, so I don't know the exact gains... I just know it sounds better and accelerates quicker !!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks....

thanks fellas for the help!!!
i really was pretty sure about getting it, just wanted to get some feedback from people who know. im new to this car tuning stuff but now i know where to come with future questions.. thanks alot!
john

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
remember, make sure it's a CAI and not a short ram intake. i've seen alot of people sellin short ram intakes and advertising them as CAI's.

-j

1 - 6 of 6 Posts