Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking out cold air intakes, and I saw two types of weapon-r intake systems, the dragon and the turbo. Is there any difference between these two systems (the prices are the same)? Will one of them give me more power than the other, does one have more upgrade options than the other.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Weapon r just makes a short pipe (I forgot the name) intake, not a cold air intake. I don't believe any company makes a cold air intake for the legend. All the CAI's on legends are custom made- Which isn't that hard to make.
I'm not sure what the turbo intake is that u mentioned.

Weapon r also makes a ram air universal kit, which according to a guy from weapon r (forgot his name), who sometimes posts on this forum, says will fit the g1 but looking at the kit and the space in the engine bay i seriously doubt that. The Kit doesn't come with instructions so you would have to figure it out. I would save my time and money and not even bother with it.

I currenty have a weapon r intake with a hyper filter. I've been thinking about doing a custom CAI by getting a intake extension tube which screws on to the end of any standard 3 inch filter. Due to limited room i'm going to have to cut down the size of the weapon r tube to make room for the end of the extension- Also thinking about changing the filter to a heat shielded one so it would truely be a CAI.

If you do a search you will be able to see pics of a few custom one made by other owners.

Good luck
Esti

1 - 2 of 2 Posts