Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been checking out cold air intakes, and I saw two types of weapon-r intake systems, the dragon and the turbo. Is there any difference between these two systems (the prices are the same)? Will one of them give me more power than the other, does one have more upgrade options than the other.

(I own a G1)

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i don't know where u'r looking but there are no cold air intakes for the legend. the closest thing to CAI is DV8's project or weapon r's cold air box for their short ram intake.
-j

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry aizn, but you're wrong. Both nopionline.com and racesearch.com have cold air intakes for G1 legends.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
that's news to me. i could be wrong. :) i'd just be careful of what merchants call "cold air intakes".
i wouldn't buy anything from them without looking at the pics.
good luck on u'r search.
-j

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
The two "Cold Air Intakes" he is reffering to are not real cold air intakes. All they are is a tube under the hood that replaces your factory cold air intake. Dv8 is working on one, and so are Leon and I. Our's is based on the Weapon R. It has a mandrel bent tube going from there to the inside of the front fender. It also includes a K&N filter and AEM bypass valve. We are still getting measurements. Then will come the projected price, with 20 orders. Then a Prototype will be made. Followed by some dyno runs. Then we finally get to place the orders. As you can see this is a long process, but it will be done right. Good luck to you.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I really will not know until I get the measurements. I do know that you will either need to have or buy the weapon R intake. Our system will build off that. I am working out a group buy with weapon R on this. I am trying to keep it in the $250-$350 range with a new weapon R intake. Thats all I got for now!
Later!
Lee

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Hey, Lee---I'm interested in this CAI that you and Leon are putting together. What if you already have a Weapon R intake & filter---can I just get the mandrel-bent tubing and the AEM bypass valve from you? Let me know. Thanks----:D

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Cool. I'm about 20 miles south of Nashville. Let me know when it's ready and I'll just drive down and pick it up. I need to come & stay at the Choo-Choo anyway.:D

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
All the work is being done in Atlanta. I would be more than happy to bring yours up to Chattanooga for you. I use to live in Bell Buckle. Know where that is?
Later!
Lee

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Know exactly where it is. Home to the Webb School and to past Grand National Walking Horse champion "Shaker's Shocker".

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
any way you could ship those intakes? I'd be intreseted, but I live in the NE (CT), all the wayaway from everyone. I'd be interested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For anybody that is interested in a custom CAI just email me and ill be glad to tell you how. It cost less than $15 bucks and i gained power and about 70-80 more miles to a tank. i couldnt believe how much the gas mileage went up. anyway, if your interested email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
133 Posts
yo',

ive got the weapon R hyper intake, and the big filter [there were two sizes for me to choose from].

i also wrapped it in heat shield material and that has helped reduce ambient heat a bit....but it doesnt look as nice.

i think claims were 15 hp gain but i'd say average is half that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts