Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a question. When I turn on my car in the morning or when it has been sitting for a while and engine is cold my my idle is at like 1500 rpm, but then as engine warms up idle goes down until car is completely warm and idle is normal. if i start driving with engine cold and shift gear from park idle goes down too to normal, but my question is when car is started when engine is cold, do you have a higher idle rate than when the car is warm? i don't know if this is really a problem or not, just wondering?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Sounds pretty normal..... High idle to warm the car up faster, low idle when car is semi-warm. If you are in a normally warm climate, and you get a bit of a cold spell, it may seem strange to you.... but I get the best of both all year round, and every car I have owned has done this. You should see what happens to cars when it is really cold...... everything that is on the verge of breaking will undoubtably break, 100% of the time, never fails... thats why mechanics love the cold, because first you have all of the accidents (tons o body shop work) and then all of the mechanical failures.. Its a win win...
\
But as for your car, dont worry, you are fine.:)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i didn't really think there was a problem but i just noticed this recently because of all this very cold weather that it revs at a higher rate when i first start it than it does when i'm stopped or when car is started warm....makes sense...works harder to warm it up faster...thanks again for reassurance :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts