Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I drive a 91 L, and I got into a really low speed crash with some sort of construction vehicle this morning. The driver of the truck I hit didn't even notice, and he just drove away. The car runs fine, but there is a huge dent in the hood. It's pretty smashed up on the passengers side front corner, and a lot of the paint is scratched or chipped off. I looked around for replacement hoods, and they are pretty pricey. I was wondering how much labor and paint might cost if I were to get this fixed just so I know what to expect. Will I really need a full replacement and paint, or can it be pushed out? I'd appreciate any kind of help on this. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
I'd take it to a few body shops and get an estimate. Finding a G2 hood is very very hard. I'll keep an eye out for one for you. Do you have a coupe or sedan?

Mike

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Speaking of keeping an eye out...anything on the headlight?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, guys. I have a sedan, and I'm probably gonna take it around to look for quotes over the weekend. I checked out car-parts.com and they don't have any hoods in the area. By the way, I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, so if anybody who's familiar with the shops around here could direct me to a good one, I'd really appreciate that too. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts