Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, looks like I'm gonna sell my Rockfords to a friend (along with my crap Power Acustics amp). Now, I'm planning to get new subs. Both 12" but I was thinking of either Alpine Type R subs or Eclipse aluminium model subs. Either way, Xtant amps are gonna be providing the juice. $ for $, which ones do you think I should get. I want a little mix of both spl and clean, but more on clean and tight.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would have to say get the Eclipse Aluminum over the Alpine. It's a very nice sub. Pretty loud too. If you want louder, get the Titanium, heheee............

·
Registered
248 Posts
in my opinion, the best eclipse sub is eitherthe alum 88 series, or the 87 series. the titanium sounds pretty bad to my eayrs and it doesnt really get all that loud, too small of a cone, in a recent review, it got beat out by quite a few subs with much less beefier appearance in terms of spl.

the alpine is a decent sub but I would take a 88 or 87 series over the alpine due to extra SPL...my experinece with the alpine is that its not an extraordinaary SPL performer.

the eclipse would be my pick.

there are toher subs that perform similar to the eclipse, alumapro alchemy, idq, ss exact, infinity perfect, etc etc to name a few. good choice with xtant amps, cant go wrong with them :)

b

·
Registered
248 Posts
audiobahn has come a long way since their earlier crap, in general, today's audiobahn are just as good as most of the other quality brands, though I personally think they are more into the looks than performance. but he alum driver I can atest to being a good driver, basically the same as the eclipse 8812 in almost every aspect except looks.

but I wouldnt run audiobahn simply I amturned off by all the flash, but in all honesty, the new audiobahn stuff aint bad.

b

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Well you know I have to jump in here on the Audiobaughn thing
only because I just got one. Yes these guys have changed for the better, they come along in there quality, build, and performance. I've had junk, garbage AB is not, (350 bills) not even close . Now, the reason I personally got this sub was not because of its looks, (its in a sealed closed up carpeted Qlogic box) but because I wanted a good solid built single true 1000w sub that I didn't have to worry about blowing, I'm not trying to enter into sound offs in fact to much constant bass gives me a serious headacke (sign of age) never the less I do get in the mood to rattle and shake the car which this sub does effortlessly its definitely an spl sub it gets very loud and deep with no distortion I'm more than satisfied with it I love it, takes care of my bass needs and then some. I got about 800w or so going to it from my MTX mono block amp so I'm not at all in want of any more, been there done that. Huh ?? what ?? here let me fix my hearing aid.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think you should go with the eclipse alum if you have the money, but if not.. you should look into alumapro. My friend has the alchameys in his ride and they sound imo, cleaner than the eclipse but just dont hit as hard. Good choice with xtant amp, you will love them!. Btw, which xtant were you looking at. 604x? 1001d?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both 1001 and 604. The 1001 to push the subs (maybe 2 of em if I go 2 Eclipse, but $$$ is what I gotta look for) and the 604 to push my componets. I'm planning on switching out my componets I have in there right now and go Focal Utopia speaks all around. I'll move all my alpine sh!t into my mom's accord (but I need a 6.5" alpine speak). So, once I get my new focals, the following might or will be for sale:

4" Polk Audio EX serise 2-way speaks
6.5" Kenwood 2-way speaks

I'll probably move my current h/u over to my mom's accord as well when I get my Kenwood KVT-911DVD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts