Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roughly how much am I looking to spend to get true HID's in
the front(High Beam and Low Beam), Tight @$$ HID Fog Lights
clear corners and clear bumpers with good @$$ amber bulbs???

Rear: Brake lights that go brighter red when I push the brake harder (like some BMWS) and clear turn signals(I'm awear I'll need new custom taillights) so I could get rid of the ugly amber lense. I can't stand amber lense but don't mind amber bulbs(so picky:rolleyes: ). Any ideas.

·
2,879 Posts
Why would you want HID's on your high beams?

Legend"11 said:
Roughly how much am I looking to spend to get true HID's in
the front(High Beam and Low Beam), Tight @$$ HID Fog Lights
clear corners and clear bumpers with good @$$ amber bulbs???

G

·
I have the same question for you... why would you want HID's on your high beams. The way I see it is if you have to ask how much it would cost then you wouldn't want to do it ;). It's a waste of money. I have HID's on my lows and when I turn my high's on (halogen) they provide ample light... plus how often do you even use your highs. I don't think that HID's would really even work in high's cause think about how high's are intended to be turned on and off as cars are approaching, or just flashing them at someone. Well, that will generate entirely too much heat for the ballasts and wires, etc. You aren't even supposed to turn your lowbeams on and off. U should wait like 30 sec usually if possible, it's just bad for the bulbs.

·
Registered
169 Posts
has anyone put yellow bulbs on their high beams? i like the look, but i was wondering if it goes with the legend. if you have, what brand?

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
I'm a little confused about this whole line of thinking. Did you not just post in another thread that you couldn't afford to buy a $35 upgrade kit for the stock harnesses that you burnt? If you can't even afford this, you're nowhere near being able to buy a true HID kit.

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Train, I was just curious...

It's not like if I was told $2800 for the whole upgrade I'll go run out 5 minutes later and buy it! I am only 17 right know and the cash is limited!Especially going to school I hardly even work and make practically nothing to do the stuff I want to to my Legend. I have to pay a car payment and insurance full coverage! I have alot of plans for my Legend. I want Koni's I want lowering springs I want a 95 front bumper I want Rims I want HID's. I want alot of stuff that I don't have right now but I will. When I have the money I need for the stuff I will already have the knowledge by asking questions in this forum and the other one.

Oh Yeah....I know I wouldn't waste the money for HID'S for the High Beams I was just curious:confused: :D

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,216 Posts
Legend"11,

Hey, don't get me wrong. I know how it is to be broke as a joke...I've been there plenty of times in the past myself and there are times now when cash flow is a little limited. And if you're in high school and making car/insurance payments, hey, more power to you.:) You're much more ahead in the game than I was in high school. But it's all about priorities man. You're spending money on replacement harnesses when you know that it's just a matter of time (apparently a few months in your case) before they melt again. Simply put, that's just money down the drain. Wouldn't it be wiser to just run your stock bulbs for a few months while saving up for a $35 upgrade kit? As it is, the money you're using to buy new harnesses could be diverted to your fund.

But hey, to each his own. This is just one man's opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts