Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever it rains my turn signal lights get all fogged up with condensation. I'm worried that they will get rusty (one already has a bit of rust inside). Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix for it?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Your front turn signal lights? I had to repair a crack in mine once. First you need to take off the whole assembly, check for any cracks in the seals or cracks in the plastic, then seal it up with clear silicone, pop it back on, you're done. Make sure you clean everything off well before applying the silicone and dry it well before putting your assembly back on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, forgive my ignorance but where do I get clear silicone sealant you refer to and where exactly to I apply it?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Well, the moisture is getting into your corner lamp assembly someplace. I wish I could tell you exactly where, but you're going to have check for yourself. Its possible someone cracked it. Or, the original seals between the different plastics are junked up. You'll have to get creative on this one.

You should be able to find the clear silicone at any auto parts or hardware store.

·
Registered
59 Posts
thought I'd never find another vancity legend representin...

·
Registered
59 Posts
south east van... near knight street bridge... you?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm from the west side, near UBC. Would you happen to know of a good acura mechanic in vancouver? My car needs some work and I fear going to a money hungry dealer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
sorry man... don't really know of a good mech. My uncle works on my car for me. other than him, he's the only person I know who could be of help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts