Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok Right now i have GC/konis and it handles great dident mind it at all when i got it really but im kinda missing a more comfortable ride. Anyways i decided to switch springs and got some eibachs on the way, now im trying to learn how the stiffness of the koni setting effects the ride. People say to stiffen then to reduce bounce which is reducing the rate at which the spring returns to its lenght, but this would also reduce the rate at which the springs were able to compress right? which would make the ride rougher. Now bouncy isnt very comfortable neither is stiffer but which would you choose. Will i have a problem with konis on full soft with eibach springs? or would i be happier with them stiffer?

·
dealer-opted track pack
3,440 Posts
If you plan to drop the perches on low, then you'll have to twist the Koni's on full stiff.
I'm up high all around and my Koni's are full soft. The ride is nice and comfortable.

k.h.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
khoerling said:
If you plan to drop the perches on low, then you'll have to twist the Koni's on full stiff.
I'm up high all around and my Koni's are full soft. The ride is nice and comfortable.

k.h.
why do u say youll have to put it on full stiff?? i know alot of people that have it on lowest perch on full soft or just with a 1/4 turn??

--u got any pics of your drop??

·
dealer-opted track pack
3,440 Posts
tnelson said:
94LCoupe has it, if you drive fast, you will bottom out. I have read that the full soft on the konis is very close to the stock ride. with eibachs i think you will be happy with full soft.
Would there be any issues going full stiff on Konis w/ Eibach springs?

k.h.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I think people make full stiff out to be worse than it really is. I have Koni's and H&R's on full stiff. I don't mind it one bit. It doesn't even feel that rough to me. A lot of cars I've ridden in are much stiffer.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Hey thanks for bringing this up... it reminds me

Mine have been screwed up since day one. I've been running this Koni/GC setup for almost 2 years now and have been meaning to fix it. Let's see if I can remember... I set the springs for a 2 finger gap all around, which means my pass front spring is way lower than the rest, but the car sits even. I think I went 1/2 stiff on the fronts, and it felt a lil sloshy,so i did the backs at 3/4 stiff and left them that way. The backs were WAAAYY to hard at first and have calmed down since then, but when I go over speed bumps the rear of the car almost catapults of the ground from the strong rebound. Otherwise the front feels a little loose and the back feels like CRAP when the road isn't perfect.

So I'm guessing I should try a litle stiffer than 1/2 soft all the way around? (man I wish they were adjustable while still on the car)

One other question...
I was wondering if anyone has done koni/ airbags on a Legend and how that rides.(I might try that out someday if I ever redo the suspension.)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
94LCoupe said:
I think people make full stiff out to be worse than it really is. I have Koni's and H&R's on full stiff. I don't mind it one bit. It doesn't even feel that rough to me. A lot of cars I've ridden in are much stiffer.
:werd: im on full stiff with G/C's, it's all relative to what you think a harsh ride is though.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I"m getting the Koni Setup with eibachs, but no GC... Right now i'm runnign on 18's and it' pretty ruff... I want really good controll but with not much more ruffness.... Any ideas? I'm leaning twords 1/2 stiff, but now i'm thinking 3/4... What do you guys think? --=Keith

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.