Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Brembos cross drilled in front w/ AEM pads for over a year with no problem, due to finances, didn't change rear rotors at the time. Well I finally changed rear rotors to Powerstops cross drilled w/ Axxis pads. A day after I had them installed I started hearing a noise every time I accelerated from a complete stop, like a low pitched squeak once every rotation until i reached high enough speeds that the noise went away or i just couldn't hear it anymore. Brought it back to shop, had both rear calipers replaced, and it is still making the noise. Can anyone help with this problem, I have brought it to 3 shops, and still hear the noise the next day everytime. I think it's sticking but am really not sure, I thought it was on one side now i think it might be the other side. To tell you the truth it's making me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My money is on the PARKING brake SHOES.
The same thing happend when I did mine.
The shoes needed to be perfectly straight when you put the rotor back on.
Also, you need to make sure the spring (inside/under the rotor) that you adjust every 6 months or so to let the shoes out, is fully retracted so that the shoes don't rub.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Can't say why they can't find your problem, sorry to say, that alot of mechanics don't know very much about our cars.

I did the brakes myself - seach the forum for my ID, and you'll see from the post that my Acura dealer was pretty incompetent - so I did them myself.

Easy way to find out, is to jack up the rear of the car and with the parking brake off, spin each wheel and listen for the sound - they should spin freely.
You may need to pull off the wheels and turn the rotors by hand. See if you can feel any resistance - with the parking brake off, you should be able to spin them and they should make one or two revolutions by hand.
Spin slowly noting anytime you feel it slow down.

Just a thought, but maybe and I hope not, but maybe they may have warped your rotors by over toquing the bolts. :(

That's all I can think of. I'll go thru my service manual and see if there is anything in there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i jacked car up in rear and the wheels do NOT spin freely, and The rotors do NOT spin freely. Something is sticking, not releasing, i am really not sure though. both calipers are brand new, or at least i was told they are brand new, they look new. i feel like i am wasting alot of time trying to fix this problem, when i should be doing more upgrades to my car. if anyone in florida reads this, tell me about a shop that you think can fix it cause shops near me are not good.

·
Registered
301 Posts
The best thing you can do for yourself and your car, is to make a list of how the wheels spin and take you car back to the clowns who installed the rotors (and the calipers). Get them to put it up on a hoist and show them.
You may have to get a little forcefull about getting them to fix the problem correctly.

I wonder if the rotor is too thick, and is rubbling against the new pads ? :confused:

Maybe another Florida member can lend a hand.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.