Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1......LOVE
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i do alot of snowboarding and i do not want to get a snowboard rack. I noticed that my 95 coupe has a canada edition where there is a hole in the backseat arm rest when u lower it. The hole is there on the us edition but covered. I have to take the seat off to open up the leather. How do i take the back seat off the hinges and where are they located.
1:Lou

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Why don't you just remove all the liner in the trunk and cut the leather out from the back. I have never done this, but I looked at it a lot. I will try and remember how to remove the rear seat. Lets see....There are these two plastic tabs under the front of the bottom of the back seat. If you pull those and pull on the seat bottom it will slide lose and let you unbolt the two bolts in the opening between the back and bottom. After you have removed the bottom take the 4 bolts out of the very bottom of the back of the seat. Then the back will slide off. Also remember for this to work you have to cut the liner in the trunk to match.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
lets see....

...if i can remember. If your sitting in the back seat, stick your hand under it as best as you can and feel around for a thin plastic thing on the left and right side and pull them forward about an inch. (takes some effort) then pick the seat bottom and pull out. This shows bolts on the floor to undo. then find bolts near the headrests behind the seat to undo. then push straight up on the backsupport to push two metal prongs out of there holes. hope that helps a little. what i would do, cut a slit in the leather and a hole in the backside of the trunck thru the particle board. you'll see what i mean when you get done.lol. Had to install an amp etc....

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
No need to cut any leather or remove the seat. All I did was reach to the top of that leather piece and remove the large staples holding it on, then I removed the side staples and tucked it downward. I removed to rear carpeting from the trunk and it worked out nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts