Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it happened again.....
i was driving and smoke start coming out of the hood....i pulled over...open up the hood....and the radiator cap was smoking and coolant was leaking out......i have no idea why....the two fan was running fine and my temperature gauges is in the middle
anyone can tell me whats up ?...this is the second time it happened in a month or so
maybe i need new radiator cap ??

·
Registered
423 Posts
Someone called RaDiAToR PrObLeM MaStEr? lol Changed 3 rads in the last month & a half. If u c the coolant coming from the cap than yes, u can also take it to a local shop and hav them do a compression test, which is when they put this tool on the opening and pump pressure into the rad. If they c that the rad is losing air, than it's a hose or the tank. If they don't than it is the cap. I say find a place where they'll do the test for free. it only takes about 2 minutes for the results and take it from there. Good luck!.

Latin.........................

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
While the coolant was leaking past the cap what was the state of your coolant reservoir? Full, empty, at spec? The coolant should not blow past the cap. If you have not replaced it within the last 3 yrs do so now and use an OEM one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts