Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the part numbers for an OEM Acura Thermostat and Temp. sensor for a 1992 Legend? My temp gauge is all over the place after 5 miles of driving but it doesn't overheat, it gets really hot though. I Don't think is a BHG b/c it doesn't smoke or have oil in the coolent and such. but i could be wrong. So far i have gotten a new radiator, but its not installed and i want to get a new temp sensor and thermostat. i am also going to flush the cooling system and fill it w/ the honda Blue stuff. Any thoughts or am i just fecked with a BHG?

·
FIXER
1,717 Posts
After you change the radiator and thermostat be sure and follow the bleeding procedure exactly and get out all the air that is trapped in the system. It should only take 1 time. If it still has temp issues and you have no leaks then you may have a headgasket problem.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
What brand of radiator did you get?

Make sure it comes with a rad cap that fits properly and provides a good seal.

Does it comes with Thermosensors (the ones at the bottom part of the radiator). If not then make sure your existing sensors are good. Bad sensors don't allow the fans to come on when they should.

Keep some Honda Auto Tranny Fluid on hand as you may lose some while changing the radiator.

Remove the battery when replacing the radiator, makes the job much easier.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got a koyo radiator. thanks for the advice. i don't think i have to worry about ATF b/c my car is a 5 spd but the tip about the sensors and radiator cap is something i never thought about, so thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the proper bleeding procedure for the cooling system? I have never done this before. Tips and instructions would help me a lot. Thanks.

·
KA8 Legend Killer
452 Posts
What brand of radiator did you get?

Make sure it comes with a rad cap that fits properly and provides a good seal.

Does it comes with Thermosensors (the ones at the bottom part of the radiator). If not then make sure your existing sensors are good. Bad sensors don't allow the fans to come on when they should.

Keep some Honda Auto Tranny Fluid on hand as you may lose some while changing the radiator.

Remove the battery when replacing the radiator, makes the job much easier.
I believe this says it all

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks again. i will hopefully take this on tomorrow with a lot more ease thanks to he help you guys have given me with tips and instructions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.