Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
My response to the more power line would be because my car comes stock with almost 100hp, im at least trying to make it so i wont die trying to merge onto your shitty highways.

I find it hilarious that cops wont come to an accident in a private parking lot but will go in there to harass people hanging out for a car meet. Go figure. F*ck you California gov't!

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Damn...I didn't realize CA state gov't was that hard up for cash? Aren't they suposed to be one of the most revenue rich state gov'ts in the nation?

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Years ago a group of Legends went to Barrett Parkway. We pulled into the Starbucks in a nice caravan. A few minutes later the popo were there writing tickets for clear corners with PIAA Xtream White Bulbs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
thats fucking BULLSHIT!! i would be absolutely LIVID!! how many people tried to fight that? that seriously pisses me off so hard. haha. idk why.

·
It's good to be the King!
677 Posts
I dont know what the law is in CA but as long as your vehicle is street legal they cannot give you a ticket around here. Now if you put straight through pipes, no cat, tinted windows, white markers (note I purposely did not say clear markers because you can have a clear marker but as long as it lights up yellow your fine) blacked out tails, etc etc.... then yes you deserve a ticket. If you have these items and you havent been caught yet...consider yourself lucky.

I used to have all of these back in the day (and worse) so I understand the desire for it but those who put these things on their cars HAVE to understand its not the cops fault if you break the law. Some laws are unfair, and we rebel against them and we do these things anyway, but cops dont make the law and if you get caught...suck it up. You wanna play with fire....sometimes you get burnt.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Years ago a group of Legends went to Barrett Parkway. We pulled into the Starbucks in a nice caravan. A few minutes later the popo were there writing tickets for clear corners with PIAA Xtream White Bulbs.
I don't see why they would issue a ticket for that. White or Amber turn signals are allowed in the front in CA. The only thing I can imagine they would get you for in that situation would be the lack of DoT stamp on the corner lense. Or if the turn signals were blue.

·
Registered
430 Posts
that sucks man, me and my boys do it alot out here in ny we jus meet and talk s*** in the parkinlot, they bring there kids and the kids be playin around, (EMPTY PARKIN LOT MOST OF THE TIME WE BE IN THE BACK WHERE NO CARS REALY GO THRU) but we jus there hangin out we not drinkin blastin music rev engine or nuthin, the most we do is we go help each otha out, if its eitha cleanin waxin dustin off a car take pics thats bout it, its f***ed up how u cant even hang out outside with out gettin worried that cops mite harrass u or not, LET US LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
I don't see why they would issue a ticket for that. White or Amber turn signals are allowed in the front in CA. The only thing I can imagine they would get you for in that situation would be the lack of DoT stamp on the corner lense. Or if the turn signals were blue.
PIAA Xtream Whites actually have a blue tint to them. In GA you can have clear corners, but you have to have an amber light for the corner turn signal. I am not sure about the front bumper turn signal. What was funny was they only messed with this group of Legends that rolled in. It was an obvious attempt to keep groups like ours out of the area, which was the biggest street racing scene in ATL back in the day.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
I dont know what the law is in CA but as long as your vehicle is street legal they cannot give you a ticket around here. Now if you put straight through pipes, no cat, tinted windows, white markers (note I purposely did not say clear markers because you can have a clear marker but as long as it lights up yellow your fine) blacked out tails, etc etc.... then yes you deserve a ticket. If you have these items and you havent been caught yet...consider yourself lucky.

I used to have all of these back in the day (and worse) so I understand the desire for it but those who put these things on their cars HAVE to understand its not the cops fault if you break the law. Some laws are unfair, and we rebel against them and we do these things anyway, but cops dont make the law and if you get caught...suck it up. You wanna play with fire....sometimes you get burnt.
Two days after the incident at Starbucks I saw a TN and GA cop at the gas station near my house. I pulled my car right up to them and asked what they thought of my lights. They said it looked good. I then told them what happened at Starbuck's and they said they wouldn't write a ticket for that. Of course these are the same cops that I have done burnouts infront of. They chased me and then just shook thier heads once they saw it was me driving. I was told to "keep it off the mountain" and sent on my way.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Damn...I didn't realize CA state gov't was that hard up for cash? Aren't they suposed to be one of the most revenue rich state gov'ts in the nation?
sam, the state of california alone has the twelfth biggest economy in the world the last time i heard. I am appalled at this type of police work, and so should all you guys that pay out the ass for gas out there. this type of shotty, bullshit tactic is what gives all cops a bad rap. if they don't beat this in court the judicial system in california is FUCKED. it's completely obvious that everything they did was on overtime and without a warrant. hopefully the courts make them hold the cars for a while, because from what i've heard, cars that are confiscated and labeled as "street racing" cars get thrown in the compactor. :wtf:

·
Yes it was a Maxima.
573 Posts
At 500 grand spent and 100 tickets with 20 impounds, unless they made 4Gs per ticket they didn't make any sort of profit.

They were just pressured to crack down on street racing and they did it. I think the quote is ridiculous as well, but the article is CLEARLY biased. For all we know street racing WAS going to go down and just didn't at that point. It's not like this was held at noon.

As for warrantless searches, they do not need warrants to search your car, only probable cause.

As for the "engine modification tickets," if your engine is legally modified they cannot give you one of those. They are pretty picky about that though.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
They were just pressured to crack down on street racing and they did it. I think the quote is ridiculous as well, but the article is CLEARLY biased. For all we know street racing WAS going to go down and just didn't at that point. It's not like this was held at noon.
This country never ceases to amaze me. Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty? Now it's looks guilty until proven innocent. They just starting to chip away at our rights until we all are driving gas sippers and have to answer to the people we pay about every thing we do, sounds like a mafia doesn't it? That's waaay to much control. Just because the cars look fast (profiling) doesn't mean they'll be driven fast on the street. What if someone uses their FI Civic at the track and can't afford a second car so they use it as their dd? That's lame that a car can be crushed because it looks good. I feel sorry for you guys in CA, ya'll gotta put up with a lot of bs.

BTW I noticed that since way back when hot-rodding started the media and police and just the gov in general has been looking at hot-rodders like criminals, even though hot-rodders went to deserted areas to race. Maybe they were envious because the hot-rods were more powerful than their cruisers, and felt that the people had more power than the police. :dunno:

End rant

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
This country never ceases to amaze me. Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty? Now it's looks guilty until proven innocent. They just starting to chip away at our rights until we all are driving gas sippers and have to answer to the people we pay about every thing we do, sounds like a mafia doesn't it? That's waaay to much control. Just because the cars look fast (profiling) doesn't mean they'll be driven fast on the street. What if someone uses their FI Civic at the track and can't afford a second car so they use it as their dd? That's lame that a car can be crushed because it looks good. I feel sorry for you guys in CA, ya'll gotta put up with a lot of bs.

BTW I noticed that since way back when hot-rodding started the media and police and just the gov in general has been looking at hot-rodders like criminals, even though hot-rodders went to deserted areas to race. Maybe they were envious because the hot-rods were more powerful than their cruisers, and felt that the people had more power than the police. :dunno:

End rant
I bet that the parking lot owner had rules for lot usage that were not met when the cops showed up. On private property the rights to search a vehicle change.

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
well, thats a first, i hang out near there pretty often. . .

ive had a guy ask me for E, then a cop rolled right by afterwards.

its close to a college. but i wouldnt have let a cop in my car.

that is some bullshit there
sam, the state of california alone has the twelfth biggest economy in the world the last time i heard. I am appalled at this type of police work, and so should all you guys that pay out the ass for gas out there. this type of shotty, bullshit tactic is what gives all cops a bad rap. if they don't beat this in court the judicial system in california is FUCKED. it's completely obvious that everything they did was on overtime and without a warrant. hopefully the courts make them hold the cars for a while, because from what i've heard, cars that are confiscated and labeled as "street racing" cars get thrown in the compactor. :wtf:
i got a ticket last month for going 66 in a 55 zone. it was a 4 lane street, and i was the slow one on the street. a semi and a school bus were going faster than me. my GPS said i was doing 52 MPH, but i still got a damn ticket. my court date is next monday, hopefully i dont get anything out of it.

but on the plus side, im one year older, and have a 2001 or 2007 acura. i cant read his writing.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
You should be able to get out of it because of the year of the car isn't 01 or 07.

BTW something tells me that wasn't just a civilian asking for e, sounds like one of their usual "setups".

·
acura-legend.commie
2,498 Posts
^he was on a motorcycle. i declined, i was gonna tell the cop that guy was asking for E, but his window was up.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Like I've always said: the only good cop is a dead cop!
You are so wrong! I was just at a 10 hour party. The cops pulled over a car in the parking lot. The higher ranking cop actually came in the bar and rode the Coffin. He signed the card for the band member that the benefit was for. After that he left us alone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts