Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving home tonight and almost raced this one cocky lil prelude. It was the newer ones with 200 HP. I also have some girl that swears her prelude is faster than my car. Is there any circumstance where my 160 HP G1 could compete with the newer ludes? Do you know how close it would be? Thanks.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Emission said:
I wouldn't mess with the bigger engine. Maybe against the base 4-banger...

The Predule is a coupe, the G1 is a sedan... completely different objectives from a design standpoint too.
The base 4 banger is the bigger engine. 2.3L Non VTEC has 160 hp.

ive personally raced a 4gen Si & we were dead even to 60 & then i started pullin away...both of us had the 5spd.

All of the VTEC Ludes will win...unless the driver is bootsie. but you'd have a better chance against the latest VTEC lude because they are heavier...i think they run a 15.3 stock.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You should be able to take a 84-91 (regardless of trim level), but not anything newer. Honda really upped the power on those things in 92.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
i drive a 95, but my boy got a 1st gen sedan...5spd...honestly, like colin said, you will def take a 84-91. my friend drives a 87 lude with minor mods, you would take it in a first gen. the 92's were significantly quicker and still pretty light...good chance, definitely close. newer, sorry, but most likely no. unless the person driving isn't skilled. the newest ones is heavier than your car, so with proper driving techs, give it a shot and rep to the fullest.

·
Registered
703 Posts
If you have a 5 speed, you should be able to take the 92-95 S lude. They only have 130 hp. I beat a '92 one with I/E. we're both 5 speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.