Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"HI" to merchant ***kers
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to share this. I told my wife this story but she just did not get it.

I am in Sydney Australia and have been trying for months to get JDM headlights. I must have tried 20 wreckers and Japanese parts importers. The common response is that they have not handled a G2 Sedan for a long time, let alone get JDM parts. Very few Legends made their way to Oz.

A few kind memebers in the US have offered to source some for me, but I really wanted to see-before-I-buy.

Today I am in the country on business. Running low on petrol I stop at one of those "2-horse" towns whose petrol station doubles as the local junk yard. So, while stretching my legs the owner comes up to me, and says he has some Legend parts. Huh! In the yard is a Legend that looks like its been rear ended by a freight train. Not a straight panel or unbroken piece of glass, except (you guessed it) JDM headlights. 15 minutes later (for a bargain price no one would believe) I am the proud owner of my JDM lights. Quite rightly they are driving home tucked up nice and safe in the passanger seat.

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
NICE! You know inquiring minds want to know...Exactly how much DID you pay for them? :D

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
tell us the truth.. you knocked him up. robbed him of his JDM's and drove off didnt you !!! DIDNT YOU!

that reminds me.. i was driving though the country once and passed by a farm in the middle of no where.. literally middle of no where.. he had a MINT AE86 Corolla... i was like.. hmmmm.... like MINT .. no rust nothing.. i was just in shock...

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
wow $45? that's insane!

and please show us some pics of your area and Legend! We have a New Zealand member on here and we love seeing pics of where he lives

·
SGM / Type F
3,699 Posts
GREAT story!! Love unexpected finds like this, and $45 makes it even better! Glad you finally found them man! Did you get any other parts off the car?

·
"HI" to merchant ***kers
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
As for ripping the guy off, he was HUGE, and would have kicked my ass without raising a sweat. Fortunately his IQ was less than his biscep measurement.
The Legend the lights came from had been hit so badly from the back, the back seat was where the front seats should have been. Even the bonet had buckled. There was not much worth salvaging, but I will go back for another look next time. On the day I was too eager to escape with my bargain.
My Legend is going thru some basic fix-ups as the last owner neglegted her. Once its a tad more presentable I will do some posting. In its current condition it would embarass this forum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.