Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
NBP...
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am repainting my coupe because of rust, door dings, and scratches. It had a lot of rust in the trunk area and on the roof. I stripped the whole car, grinded all the rust off and welded the holes. While I was at it, I shaved the antenna and the emblem holes. Now, everything is ready for primer. I will primer it tomorrow, and get it painted on the weekend. I decided to paint it Nighthawk Black Pearl because its a newer color and i like it more than Granada Black.

Here are the progress pics:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
awesome, cant wait to see how the paint will turn out.
its cool that you do it yourself, must of save hundreds of dollars.
i am getting my paint job during christmas and new year. i got 2 weeks off work so that should be enough time for them to finnish painting my car. i am still looking for what type of black paint i want. cant wait to see your result.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Damn, lookin good so far (noticed you didn't tape off the doors?) I am still working up the courage to do this :D I am excited to see the results.

·
2002 3.5 w/ TII cams!
298 Posts
Nice work russian! Im balls deep into my first bodywork/repaint ordeal... How hard is it to remove the front and rear windshields? I wanna do that to do the job right. Here is a couple pictures of my project...

I made this cut at first but later opted to remove the whole thing

This is my donor panel

This pick was taken about two months ago. Since then new metal has been welded in everywhere rust is I'm waiting to finish for a complete DIY on quarter panel replacement

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.