Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
:)
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PICS coupe style 2 eyelids done and info on others

Well I know it's been awhile but this is the reason why. About a week ago I had planed on haveing all of the molds done because I finished all of the plugs(these are the master parts which I make the mold from and what take so much time). So I set everything up get out my spray gun and grab the gelcoat. After spraying the gelcoat on the plugs I realize what I have done, I forgot to spray the mold release first:eek: Well to say the least it wasn't good, I laminated the style 2 to see if it would be ok because I had an extra plug that I had made a while back laying around. Well when it came time to pull it off things got real ugly, all of the paint melted and inhibited the cure of the gelcoat so all three styls were trashed:( The good news is that I have a new way of making the plugs that cuts a lot of work out of making them. So now that that is said hear is the deal, style 2 is done and I will start making sets today style 3 still needs to be sanded and painted and style 1 just needs to be wet sanded and buffed and then I can make the mold for those two. The plan is to have them done by this weekend but we'll see, every time I say that it seams something goes wrong to delay the date. Once agan, the mold for style 2 is done and I will be filling orders for them. The first set I'm going to make will be out of carbon fiber.

Let the ordering begin

·
2,873 Posts
PJ ,

I'd like to order some eyelids for the sedan. Do you have any pics of them? I am expecting to have my car repainted so i figure i might as well get eyelids and have them paint that as well.

let me know
thanks
jon

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
PICS required. PJS - I think u should post a message with the PICS and sticky them. I wonder if it's possible to make a STICKY with no replies to it, that would be ideal.

pjslegend said:
Well I know it's been awhile but this is the reason why. About a week ago I had planed on haveing all of the molds done because I finished all of the plugs(these are the master parts which I make the mold from and what take so much time). So I set everything up get out my spray gun and grab the gelcoat. After spraying the gelcoat on the plugs I realize what I have done, I forgot to spray the mold release first:eek: Well to say the least it wasn't good, I laminated the style 2 to see if it would be ok because I had an extra plug that I had made a while back laying around. Well when it came time to pull it off things got real ugly, all of the paint melted and inhibited the cure of the gelcoat so all three styls were trashed:( The good news is that I have a new way of making the plugs that cuts a lot of work out of making them. So now that that is said hear is the deal, style 2 is done and I will start making sets today style 3 still needs to be sanded and painted and style 1 just needs to be wet sanded and buffed and then I can make the mold for those two. The plan is to have them done by this weekend but we'll see, every time I say that it seams something goes wrong to delay the date. Once agan, the mold for style 2 is done and I will be filling orders for them. The first set I'm going to make will be out of carbon fiber.

Let the ordering begin

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
I saw some on ebay for sale a long time ago, but i havent seen one in a while, was that u selling them? anyway im interested in it how much would it cost? for a sedan i like the style 2
looks good
-hass

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no that wasn't me those were metal. The prices are $50 shipped for the fiberglass, $85 shipped for the carbon fiber $95 shipped for the carbon fiber/kevlar, and $105 shipped for the blue, silver or yellow.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
pjslegend said:
no that wasn't me those were metal. The prices are $50 shipped for the fiberglass, $85 shipped for the carbon fiber $95 shipped for the carbon fiber/kevlar, and $105 shipped for the blue, silver or yellow.
Curious... in general... does fiberglass take regular primer very well? I know that primer allows the paint to stick to it better, so I was thinking of putting primer on the fiberglass ones before I paint'em. Plus, I've never seen primer that says it is made for fiberglass... only ones made for metal, woods, wicker, crafts, etc.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the fiberglass ones will have a gelcoat on them wich acts like a primer but it is blue so I would recomend an automotive primer to make sure the blue color does not show through the paint and yes it is ok with fiberglass. I do have the mold for the sedan as well.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
pjslegend: Please place me on a list for the Style 1, application for a G2 CPE. Email me with specifics: [email protected].

1 - 12 of 12 Posts