Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 89 coupe, the driver rear window doesnt go down. when i hit the switch, it makes an electronic click but the window doesnt move. i also have an 87 coupe and its rear window works so im thinkin of just switching the motors. i went to acura and they said theyre the same motors in the 87 and 89, so thatll save me $350. plus the summer is comin up and i like pimpin the LEGEND with the rear windows down, isnt that phat?? no other 2dr i know can do that. anyways i just need some help on getting to the motor. i read before u have to remove the rear seat and then the back seat panels, but i dont know where the bolts are, so if someone could help me i would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

james

·
Registered
703 Posts
Lift up the edge of the rear seat bottom. There are 2 bolts (10 mm I think). I can't remember if those are the only bolts or not, it's been a while since I took mine off. You just have to lift the panel up and take the seat belt out from the top rear part of the panel and lift it from the window part. If there are more bolts, you should be able to tell where they are when you lift the bottom of the panel up. There may be another one near the door.

I'm guessing the regulator is bad since it clicks when you try to roll it up. If the motor was bad, there wouldn't be any movement unless the gears are stripped on the motor.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
1) You say when you use the switch, you hear an electronic click sound. Is this sound coming from the switch or do you hear noise coming from the window area?

2) Have you tried opening the window using both switches? This would tell you if the problem is the switch or the motor.

3) Check your fuse panel for a blown fuse. Each window is individually fused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts