Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay guys, I had a couple of questions regarding some stuff I've seen here on the forum:

Iggee Seats: What color do you guys think is best? I have the beige interior, i think type F and I was thinking either the two tone beige/black or the plain beige. I'm torn! Anyone try the Iggees with seat warmers? does it get warm enough at all?

A-L sticker: What do you guys think is the best place for it? I just got one of mine in the mail today, and am waiting on the other one...I'm thinking rear pass. windows?

Maintenance: My car is in the for notorious BHG. While its in the shop, I'm getting this changed as well (besides timing belt/water pump, it was already done 10k miles ago):

-Spark plugs
-Oil/Filter (duhh)
-Air filter (stock)
-PCV Valve
-Fuel Filter
-Coolant Temp. Sensor
anything else I should add?

Exterior: The gold "E" in L E G E N D on my trunk is coming off. Any ideas on what product I should use? Also, I want a sunroof visor (that goes on the outside)..where can i get one thats decently priced besides ebay? 60 bucks is steep for a piece of plastic! I'm getting ting as well. I've seen something online about putting it on the outside of the window...I don't like the idea, but has anyone ever done it? Does it actually stay on? I'm thinking about getting 35%.

Interior: My steering wheel looks like crap. Whats the best/decently priced steering wheel cover I can get? I'm thinking about maybe getting a new wheel instead though. Also, my BOSE head unit works, but the backlight is out. Any idea how to fix this?

Any other things I should do? I want to maintain the "stock" look to the legend, and keep it tasteful! I'm also on a budget so nothing too crazy for me, haha. (shout out to Ptan1968, with his deliciously tasteful yet stock looking Legend)
I'll add stuff if i think of anything else

EDIT:::::::::;;;;
The HG job is done, and while i was there i changed the air and fuel filters. I'm waiting formy NGK spark plugs to come (just got them on ebay, killer deal) so i can change those as well. Anything else I should do?

I also picked up a window visor from a 4runner (lol) and am going to put it on soon if it fits.. i haven't tested it yet but i'm sure i can work something out, i compared it on my sister's 02 accord's sunroof and it was about the right length, so I'm sure it will fit the legend.

For now, I think I'm going to stick with the wal-mart steering wheel cover fr 8 bucks, lol.

G

·
clear corners or jdm headlights, jdm legend light, sidemarker lights, HID's,black tail lights ;) I have all you need brother. And yes I still want your tails just forgot to PM you back. once I sell mine to drizzle I'll buy yours.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clear corners or jdm headlights, jdm legend light, sidemarker lights, HID's,black tail lights ;) I have all you need brother. And yes I still want your tails just forgot to PM you back. once I sell mine to drizzle I'll buy yours.
Ah, maybe you shouldn't sell yours to drizzle. Mine aren't for sale anymore! I put them on my new GS because one of them was cracked and i wanted the wear to match so it doesn't look like it has been in an accident.

How much for the "JDM legend light"? and head lights? where does it go/what is it? Are the sidemarkers hard to install?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
For your A-L sticker: May I ask how many you have? If you have only one then imo the good place would be the rear windshield right below the brake light.

Exterior: I used 3M double sided tape to stick mine on for almost 5 yrs already w/o any sign of falling off. Before applying the tape, i also used some alcohol to clean out the paint area.

I've never heard or seen any tint films apply outside the windows, always inside the windows.

Interior: Looks for a used steering wheel from a local junk yard of course still in good shape if possible, or by a new one from stealer :hide: , ebay sell used one too but not too sure about the quality. Don't have much experiences about the steering wheel cover though. Yeah, I read some where on here about replacing the backlight on the Bose HU, but not recall very much about it, I think people just replaces another used display or buy a whole HU.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
The Iggee seat covers....I like the plain Beige for the Type F interior. Click the link in my signature for many, many pictures of the Beige Iggees.

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
10,088 Posts
a-l.com sticker i have mine on the passenget rear window Either side is great!

Maintence
-NGK platnums are nice (its what im running on)

Exterior
I have 35% tint Love it
as for the emblem call up Acura of Agusta buy a new emblem ask about the discont (should be 20% for forum members) you will be happy

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys

I think i'm going to hold off on the steering wheel cover and just get a new one. It would cost almost the same as a decent steering wheel.. and I think I'm going to order another A-L sticker and put them on both of my rear windows after i get my tint on.

My baby's in the shop and the mechanic said it should be done next week. EVEN THOUGH he's already had it for over a week. I can't really complain too much though, hes doing the whole job four 600$ plus 250 for parts which is pretty decent (i think?). He does all of my work so he gives me a little discount usually. I'm going to make him change my door for free for being so late:giggle:

Roger: Nice interior. Love the shift knob, and I have the same Garmin Nuvi. its nice!

BUMP!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.