Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a JDM 94 Legend Motor/Auto Trans.The tranny blew on my 92 LS 4 Door and I bought the motor and trans to swap in... Is there any difference between the 2 motors? I remember seeing something about a connector being different on the later model years... Are the JDM specs the same as US? Will i need a new computer? I dont know if the motor/trans is out of a coupe/sedan/LS/L or what... ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated .. thank you

·
Registered
79 Posts
The JDM engine, if I can remember, should have a slightly higher compression which means more horsepower but I dunno how u gonna find 94+ octane at your local gas station. I'm not sure if the ECU is different internally but the ECU mounts might be different. The location of the oxygen sensor is mounted differently from a Type I. Dont worry too much about the Coupe/Sedan/LS/L difference, but if u just gotta know then break down the VIN and decipher the letters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.