Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, never had tint. when i hit the rear defroster button, the light doesn't even come on. (other problems include no heater, no windshield wiper interval, and no foot courtesy lights.)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
For Christmas, be your own Santa and buy a HELM Service/Shop Manual.

For the defogger to be completely dead, you need to check: No 3 (15amp) fuse; No 13 (7.5amp) fuse; Defogger timer circuit (in Integrated Control Unit); and Defogger Switch. As you look at this in respect to your other problem (no Courtesy Lights & no Intermittent Wiper) we may make the assessment that the problem more than likely is the Integrated Control Unit. This unit will have to be tested.

What exactly is the problem with the Heater? Not working at all? No hot air? No blower function?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LPB said:
For Christmas, be your own Santa and buy a HELM Service/Shop Manual.

For the defogger to be completely dead, you need to check: No 3 (15amp) fuse; No 13 (7.5amp) fuse; Defogger timer circuit (in Integrated Control Unit); and Defogger Switch. As you look at this in respect to your other problem (no Courtesy Lights & no Intermittent Wiper) we may make the assessment that the problem more than likely is the Integrated Control Unit. This unit will have to be tested.

What exactly is the problem with the Heater? Not working at all? No hot air? No blower function?
air blows out but there's no hot air. :(

does the helms manual show how to test the Integrated Control Unit?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Check your radiator fluid too. When mine was low i lost hot air.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The radiator fluid level is fine. I remember replacing one of the fans that was behind the radiator. Would this have anything to do with it? (because right above it is the box that has all the relays to the rear defroster, interval windshield wiper, and courtesy lights - all the same problems that im experiencing)

·
Registered
72 Posts
LPB i have the same problem as legendarith, my rear defogger doesnt work, when i press it the light doesnt come on, when i turn on my headlights all other switches get illuminated and this one doesnt, the switch itself seems fine and fuses are ok, what is Integrated Control Unit and where is it located? and how do you test it ?
I would really appricate a response.

G

·
Definitely replace your relay...I think that replacing it fixed mine because if you turn on the interior light and then turn on the defroster the lights should dim. I noticed that now the lights will dim after replacing it so I'm assuming that it works...there hasn't been any frost so I'm not exactly sure...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
According to the HELM, if the switch illuminates, the problem isn't the relay. If the switch illuminated, but the defogger was inop, then it could be the relay.

Unless there are two distinct subsystem failures concurrent, I would strongly suspect the Defogger timer circuit which is integrated into the Integrated Control Unit.

Lenny: To test the Integrated Control Unit, you need the applicable pages from the HELM. Ex. pages 23-168 - 23-174 of the 1992 CPE Service Manual. You shall also need a multi-meter. The unit itself, is connected to the back of the underdash fuse/relay block and has a 22-pin connector/harness attached.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
excellent! i had to fix the motor that drives the heater valve (located on the bottom left under the glove compartment). now i have heater :D the rear defroster still doesn't work. the fuses are good and relay is fine.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lenny said:
LPB i have the same problem as legendarith, my rear defogger doesnt work, when i press it the light doesnt come on, when i turn on my headlights all other switches get illuminated and this one doesnt, the switch itself seems fine and fuses are ok, what is Integrated Control Unit and where is it located? and how do you test it ?
I would really appricate a response.
did u ever install aftermarket indiglo gauges?

·
Registered
72 Posts
No, i never installed indiglo gauges, driving my legend like a truck(not being able to see through the rear window) in bad weather is really pissing me off. Are there places online where i can buy that ICU and how much might it cost?

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Lenny said:
Any help please? Where can i get ICU, it doesnt come up on any parts sites.Does anyone know if ICU is interchangeble between 91-95 legends?
Lenny,
ICU stands for Integrated Control Unit.

Location and what it is:
-----------------------
It´s located on the left kick panel (exactly: Behind the complete fuse unit) and is multi function control unit.

What it does:
-------------
These unit integrates the following available functions: "Power Window Key-Off Timer","Key-In Reminder", "Lights-On Reminder (beeping sound)","Entry Light Control (include the fade out control light)" , "Seat Belt Reminder (dash light)", "Oil Pressure Indicator (dash light), "Side Marker Light", "Intermittent Wiper (time delayed, and "Rear Window Defogger Timer (Auto Off after 15 min)" onto one circuit board.

Interchangeable?
ICU only from the 94-95 models, I believe, but I´m not sure.
Price: Around 300 bucks.
Time of demount: It takes a good hour! Not quite easy. Believe me.
Mike / Cologne

·
Registered
72 Posts
Please anyone who knows what an Integrated Control Unit lookls like, tell me if the black box in the picture is the ICU or not.

G

·
I think it's on the passenger side...the box in the picture is probably your lighting control box, it tells you when you leave the lights on and other like things!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts