Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So should I sell the Legend, or repair it? I can get a motor for $350 (pulled) But is it really worth the hassle? Would it be cheaper to replace the motor, or try to repair the BHG? Either way, the motor will probably have to get pulled, right? I am sooooooooooo FRUSTRATED!

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
You dont have to pull the motor to replace the HG, but if you can get another motor for that cheap with some kind of guarantee about its health, AND if you can do the swap yourself, I'd say go for it....otherwise your looking at saying goodbye to some bills :sadwavey:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't the motor have to be pulled if the heads had warped? Which would mean the block would probably have to be machined if the head was warped, right? To machine the block, don't ya have to pull it? I mean, it isn't spewing water out the exhaust or anything... But there's a little oil in the radiator, and bubbles on the dip...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Rarely does the block warp. I am guess too much metal behind it.
Just take the heads off and have them machined.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yeah i STRONGLY doubt you could warp the BLOCK unless you were trying to:) lol but if you can do the Gasket then i say do that why put a dirty old engine in when you dont know how long till it will blow a gasket. Also HAve you determeined what caused this issue?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Idle problems is what i's been having, so I really don't know what caused the issue. We don't race it. I do smell a strong odor of gas every now and again... Anyhow, a quick fix, and I will sell it for $1000. I have another option for buying one year newer Legend... Thanx for all the advice tho... This site is very helpful. Thank you all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts