Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
88 acura legend ..
there was snow on windshield so i scraped it off and started car..came out 15 min later and a cracked showed up...about where you put the inspection sticker and goes up bout 10 inches..I marked with a pen on the glass and its spreading alil.what are my options?? bout how much is a replacement? and how could i stop it from spreading ? thanks

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
Look up "Banner Auto Glass" in your area. I called for estimates on a G2 Legend I almost bought, and whereas most rates were around $250, Banner was $200...

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
That's total, without insurance. I DON'T use insurance for things under $500 generally--Everytime you do, they put a glaring check-mark on your record, so the next time you renew they charge you a little more or when you try and switch, the next insurance company says "Hmmmm...I see you had a $200 claim to replace your windshield in 2004..." and then they think "That's gonna cost you."

·
Registered
192 Posts
correct. I didn't use insurance to pay for it for that exact reason.
fyi: You can get the chips repaired for 15-30$ each and it really helps prevent the cracks from "growing". It's well worth it compared to 150$ as a kick in the teeth. Some of the places will even guarantee their repairs (keep the receipts)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mad_Martigan said:
correct. I didn't use insurance to pay for it for that exact reason.
fyi: You can get the chips repaired for 15-30$ each and it really helps prevent the cracks from "growing". It's well worth it compared to 150$ as a kick in the teeth. Some of the places will even guarantee their repairs (keep the receipts)
Is there away to stop the cracks from growing yourself? I have a 4 inch crack in my windshield, and I am kinda hesitant to get it fixed right now, and low on cash. My friend got his replaced at some cheap place for like $120, and there are air leaks (you can hear the air coming in on the freeway). HE has already been back to the place twice, and they supposedly fixed the poblem, the second time. I dont wanna have to go through that.

So is there a way that I can "stop the cracks from growing" myself, with some kind of "windshield repair kit"

·
Registered
468 Posts
aminus21 said:
Is there away to stop the cracks from growing yourself? I have a 4 inch crack in my windshield, and I am kinda hesitant to get it fixed right now, and low on cash. My friend got his replaced at some cheap place for like $120, and there are air leaks (you can hear the air coming in on the freeway). HE has already been back to the place twice, and they supposedly fixed the poblem, the second time. I dont wanna have to go through that.

So is there a way that I can "stop the cracks from growing" myself, with some kind of "windshield repair kit"
auto store have those permatex windshield repair kit but mostly for rock pits

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.