Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As u know, I just bought a 95 GS w/83k miles. As I posted b4 foam came out of my radiator when I filled it with water. The next day I checked it again after coming back from work and I saw the coolant with tiny bubbles around the rim, but I'm guessing that's normal after driving. I checked the oil and tranny dip stick and they r ok. The coolant resovoir is ok too.

My question to u guys is how can I know for sure that I have a cracked one? I know that if I run the engine cold w/the top off and I c bubbles coming up than that means I do. Is there any other sign or test I can do so I know?

If I do hav one, wot should I do? Pay the $2,000? Sell the car?

Thanks. Latin.............................

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Well I know that you have been searching for this car for a while so this is what I am going to recommend. There really is no for sure way to tell. If you want to keep the car, spend the money to do this:

Get a pressure test done on your cooling system and get a power rad flush and chemical degreaser to clean it out.....Check the coolant resevoir for oil floating on the top..... Get a compression test to give you an indication of what is going on in the cylinders..... Get an exhaust gas test to see if there is any compression in the cooling system. Take off your rad cap when the car is cold. If coolant comes out then you have air, which is most likely from HG.....

Take it to Acura, do whatever.... I know you like this car.

If it is so then spend the money to get it done because chances are you wont find another pearl white GS like this one.

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mckenzie91, I'll do those tests. But i'm thinking if it is the hg, than I think I'm gonna hav to sell it, even though I would be devastated, I would hav to cuz I don't hav 2G's layin around. I gave 3G's to the bank :(. Again thanks for all ur help and support Mckenzie91 and evryone else.

Latin................

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
What about....

Latin, this really SUX!!! To finally get what you want and then to have something like this happen---- Have you considered taking it back to the guy you bought it from and making HIM fix it or give you your money back? Don't know about your state but here in TN we have a lemon law that is just for situations like this. If you have any friends in the car business, check with them and see what your options are. Can't hurt----

Just my .02----

·
11* [VETERAN NOOB!] *11
402 Posts
Hey Latin!

I used to have a Buick(I'm not comaring a Legend to a piece of **** Buick!) and the Head Gasket cracked on it (Go figure Bu-ick!) Anyways how I knew it was cracked was because coolant and oil was mixed together. Check you Oil and if it's watery and not like oil then you gasket is cracked! Check your coolant as well for oil at the top after your car has been sitting for a while (water(coolant which is water based) and oil do not mix they will seperate leaving you with oil at the top of your coolant resorvoir) I hope this helps

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys again, If i do end up with a cracked head gasket, than I'm going to find out if California has a Lemon Law and if it applies to Private Party Sales. Thanks again. I would buy a round of beers for u guys, but u have to come to California and help me with my car also lol. Gotta laff, :D smiles :D

Latin.........................

·
Registered
815 Posts
hey Latin im jus across the bay from you,
i'll take you up on them brewskeez (gotta be koronas tho,ha!ha!)
Seriously man I hope it all goes your way.
I've been in your shoes before, and all i can tell ya is just stay up.
good luck buddy!
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts