Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
It is not normal for the metal part to break. There is a rubber insert that is there to reduce vibrations and that is what normally goes bad.

Did the shop you had you car fixed at break it and charge you for a new one?

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it broke and they fixed it. The car had been making some noise, and then I went to pick up my wife because her civic broke down, and my battery light came on the the power steering went out. When the AAA guy showed up he had me start the car and he noticed the belts attached to the pulley were not turning. We had both cars in the shop at the same time.

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
PCJedi said:
No, it broke and they fixed it. The car had been making some noise, and then I went to pick up my wife because her civic broke down, and my battery light came on the the power steering went out. When the AAA guy showed up he had me start the car and he noticed the belts attached to the pulley were not turning. We had both cars in the shop at the same time.
Why did you even stop and wait for a tow? The car is perfectly drivable with the belt not turning. It's not like other cars where it will start overheating. Just the A/C, power Steering and Alternator won't work!

· Registered
4,439 Posts
1_Hot_Legend_L said:
Why did you even stop and wait for a tow? The car is perfectly drivable with the belt not turning. It's not like other cars where it will start overheating. Just the A/C, power Steering and Alternator won't work!
He has AAA. Most likely the tow was free. Some of us dont like driving a 3500 lb car around without power steering and lights.

· ***ned
4,631 Posts
Very true. I guess just being in the tow business and towing many cars that are perfectly drivable, I would just hate to waste my AAA tows on something like that. Not to mention, most Tow drivers hate it when they get a call to tow a car that is drivable. I guess it's just me. But no more towing for me, I sold the truck and bought a car carrier. I know haul exotics within the state of Florida!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.