Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know for a fact if the crank pully can be put on any way besides TDC? Is there any kind of notch or anything to prevent this from happening?

The reason i ask is that i just put a new #1 piston in my car and while and after i put the rod bearing on i put the piston at TDC, I took a long wrench attatchment and push it against the underside of the piston and turn the crank pully untill the attatchment neither goes up or down. I do this so i dont have to keep getting up and looking at the TDC mark while im under the car.
Well i got up and looked and the notch on the pully was past the aiming mark by like 2 1/2 inches.. so i go back under the car and the piston is at TDC

Is there somthing funny about these legends i should know? doesnt the first piston have to be at TDC (far as it can go up) and the cams on their marks too to set it at TDC?

its got me worried, i dont know how many degrees the pully notch is off but its about 2 1/2 inches

so im wondering if some one changed the timing belt in the past and pulled the pully off and put it back on off a few degrees. so does any one know if thats possible? I know the cam pulleys only go on the cam one way but not sure about the crank pulley..

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
n/m there is a notch, weird, ill double check everything tomorrow...

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its just hope when my #1 rod bent it didnt bend the crank...

· Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i spent all day trying to get that damn crank pully off, i guess im just gona have to cut the belt cover off... I already went through 2 breaker bars, the pulley is only supposed to be 178ft lbs, i had my torque wrench reading 200+. i can lift over twice my body weight but i cant get that thing to budge..

· Registered
2,316 Posts
HEAT MAN! I swear they use locktie on these from the factory. Your only other option would be to take it off when the car is at normal operating temp ... but in your case ... thats out of the question. Know anyone with torches? That was the only way i could get mine off!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.