Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local shop here has finished work on my car and noted crank walk. They state this because when the car is backed in reverse, they hear the flywheel against the shield ?, tinging against the metal, and not when going forward. I had them do the rear main seal and clean the flywheel during a clutch replacement. None of this was noted before I brought them the car to them.
They are not trying to get more work, so I am wondering about other people's experience with " Crank Walk " in an early acura and possible time till I blow it up.:wtf:
I think that I can get a rough measurement by setting up a dial indicator on the crank pully and moving the car in first gear forward, then letting it go backward slowly untill it stops, then check the measurement verses the zero you started with. I will check the spec tonight in my manual.
** Legend L. 5 speed with MTL, 320,000 miles with 100,000 on Mobil 1

·
I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
to be quite honest, you're the first case of crank walk I've ever heard for the C27 engine. It's not a common occurrence if ever really noted on any Honda engine I've paid attention to.

I'm skeptical

It's pretty common on hyped up Mitsubishi 4G63s though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crank walk

I heard a tinging that sounds like the ring gear is hitting a steel plate, but very faint. He said they heard it in reverse when backing out He stated that there was a steel plate that it could hit, but I do not see any in my Hayes drawings. My only thought is hitting the starter gear or housing, which would require major screwing up. I just tried it forward and reverse and heard nothing, after a weeks driving, 300 miles. Refaced flywheel, new main seal, clutch, fork, slave cylinder, nice job, complements from the tire manager at Discount, " nice clutch "

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.