Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a friend with a '96 toyota avalon xls who everyday insists his car will "dust" my '94 l sedan i just laugh and play along saying "yeah....okay" and laugh. he then goes about to say "man, don't hype up your car like that c'mon now..." is this kid crazy or just trying to funny? i can't tell, really. just wanted everyones opinion. thanks!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
From the microsoftcarpoint.com website, it says the 96 XLS avalon has a 192 HP V6. It would defenitaly be a good race vs. the 200hp v6, but I say you dust him too. Just need to get some get go off the line. Go for it man..

:)

·
Registered
397 Posts
94legendsedan said:
i have a friend with a '96 toyota avalon xls who everyday insists his car will "dust" my '94 l sedan i just laugh and play along saying "yeah....okay" and laugh. he then goes about to say "man, don't hype up your car like that c'mon now..." is this kid crazy or just trying to funny? i can't tell, really. just wanted everyones opinion. thanks!
Is your sedan a Type II engine, if so... VROOOOM!!!

G

·
My Boy has an 97 Avalon Loaded and the ride is smooth as a baby's ass... He's raced his boy in a LS 400 (91) but got smoked... It handled and w/ the high speeds (down Peachtree Ind. ) ATL heads... 75-100 mph the ride was still smooth as ****.. Also the seats are comfortable as hell.. also..:)

Yeah just know how to drive...
But in the TypeII He's dust...

·
Registered
449 Posts
just race his ass, my friend also have a 96 avalon and we race every weeekend going to places and he can never catch up.

Maybe because everything he has is stock and I have a few minor mods. As long as you know how to handle your car to it's limits you won't have a problem

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's exactly the car I'm driving now that my Legend is no more. It's smoooooooooth, but just doesn't seem like a car to race. I kinda feel weird racing a Toyota Avalon. It accelerates pretty fast, but you can't feel it cuz the car is so dang smooth. It definitely doesn't compare to the Legend though. Especially cornering and steering. Sigh. I feel kinda old driving an Avalon now. Feels like a Lincoln Towncar. :rolleyes:
More of a spacious pimp ride than a racer.

G

·
SLACK3RZ said:
That's exactly the car I'm driving now that my Legend is no more. It's smoooooooooth, but just doesn't seem like a car to race. I kinda feel weird racing a Toyota Avalon. It accelerates pretty fast, but you can't feel it cuz the car is so dang smooth. It definitely doesn't compare to the Legend though. Especially cornering and steering. Sigh. I feel kinda old driving an Avalon now. Feels like a Lincoln Towncar. :rolleyes:
More of a spacious pimp ride than a racer.
Yeah thats what it feels like..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts