Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
I couldn't tell you but I have 28 bottles from 1980 when my daughter was born sitting in my liquor cabinet. I don't think it would be worth much though, but what do I know. I only have 26 now though. Only thing I can tell you the taste gets better over the years :)

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Crown Royal is Canadian rye whisky. In Canada, vintage Crown Royal (20+ years old) is available for sale everywhere for about $40 - $45 a bottle.

Unlike some scotch whiskey which appreciates in value as it ages, rye whiskey does not.
Your bottle may be worth $ 60 - $70 to someone who wants it.

·
It's good to be the King!
697 Posts
Also, whisky "should not" change in flavour or taste regardless of how long it has been sitting on the shelf. The "Aged" whiskeys are done so in the charred oak barrell they were cast in. Once it is distilled and proofed and bottled it should stay the same for eternity. (considering exposure to light, temp, air, and contamination)

If its worth anything it would only be to a collector and mostly for the packaging and bottle than the actual liqour inside.

Now, if you had a nice 12 or 18yr old blend I would gladly take it off your hands. Especially if it were a good bourbon. Hmmmmmm Bourbon~~~~~

·
is gone with the wind ...
1,019 Posts
^^ what he said!

Leon, don't get crazy over the age. I'm a vintage bourbon afficianado and OLD Crown Royal is not in the same league. I'd guess around $100, but not much more FWIW.
G.

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
So which drank would appreciate in value the most while not costing more than $50 when it's still young? I'm looking to invest in stuff that can/could become assets in the future, big or little.
Fools game. If it was inexpensive and therefore inexclusive...it is pretty damn unlikely for it to become valuable...

You'd be better off putting money in the bank, if you can't trust yourself with liquid assets, I can sell you a kick in the nuts, cheap. :giggle:

·
difficult to kill
722 Posts
i drank a 33 year old wine once. it was probably crap wine. but it did make it taste that much better, knowing that shit was ancient.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.