Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: just the other day I noticed when i push my cruise control buttton it doesnt work any more. i was thinking maybe it messed up like the volume stereo control often does in legends. any one else had this problem?? what might I be able to do to fix it, would it even be worth it to fix.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
lexcoupe21 said:
:confused: just the other day I noticed when i push my cruise control buttton it doesnt work any more. i was thinking maybe it messed up like the volume stereo control often does in legends. any one else had this problem?? what might I be able to do to fix it, would it even be worth it to fix.
If your speed sensor is out of wack u know when your speedo goes up and down crazy like and stops working your cruise won't work

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
How will I know if the cruise control works? I don't really know much about it but would like to know some info on how it works on a Legend.

·
Registered
655 Posts
press cruise button on dash

and accelerate to the speed u wanna stay at, and press set on steering wheel, and make adjustments with same controls. Pushing brakes will deactivate cruise, u can save gas using cruise but not much. I only use it on highways and very little traffic. Sometimes I get paranoid using it thinking I'm gonna fall asleep cause its so smooth in the legend, and cruise control compensates when the road curves and accelerates which can be dangerous.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
You need to be more specific. Does the indicator lamp activate, but the system remain off? Is the indicator lamp remaining off when the button is on? Have you checked your fuses?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
According to the HELM: Cruise Control Cannot Be Set: (1) Control Unit input, (2) Main Switch, (3) SET/RESUME/CANCEL switch, (4) Brake light switch/adjustment, (5) Shift Lever Position Switch. For Fuses, check No. 13 (7.5amp) and No. 20 (7.5 amp) located in the underdash fuse/relay box; check No. 35 (50amp) and No. 39 (20 amp) in the under-hood fuse/relay box. Check to be certain that the horns sound. Check Tach for proper operation. The control unit input test is two pages, involving 14 steps. You need the pages (Ex. pages 23-342-343 from 1992 Cpe Manual) as well as pages 23-344 to 23-347 to test the switches. The next time you have $60, spend it on a HELM. Gone are the days of intuitive auto repair. Good Luck. Hope the problem is inexpensive to repair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts