Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
yea those cup holders suck. There is this cupholder for 120 and 150 dollars at e-bay. It holds its own center of gravity and has an elastic grip. Its overkill for a cupholder..but i guarantee THAT wont spill your drink.

www.bcsystems.ws

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just go to wal Mart, they have the ones that fit on the vents. They may not be the most luxurious but for a set of 4 at about $2.56 it is a good deal. And guess what they actually work and if you want to take it off, it snaps right off and thats all to it. They work good for me. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you have an LS model or you swap out the double-din radio/equalizer for a single din unit then you can add any number of cupholders from other cars to your legend. I have an LS, took out the cassette holder under the radio and swapped in a cupholder/coin tray unit out of a saab 9000 that I got on ebay for about $20. It looks good and sure is a lot more useful than the cassette holder.

·
Registered
120 Posts
pzengilowski?

do you have any picks of your cup holder mod? Right after having only six radio presets, no cup holders is my next compaint. So I am looking for solutions...:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Another cupholder option comes from the Japanese. There are a bunch of aftermarket Japanese cupholders that basically function the same way. You attach the cupholder by inserting two clips in to the a/c bezels/outlets. They work a lot like the cell phone holders. I used those for a few months but the clip became weak. Cupholder kept falling off. I'm going to try the Type R brand. If you live in So Califonira, you can find them in some Acura/Honda dealers and gift shops/car washes in Asian communities. - especially in Koreatown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where is yours from stsrus?

This is actually for 'stsrus'!
That is excellent. I currently have the one from acuradriver.com. Yup, it's next to useless.
And I have the open din - cassette holder. I've always thought that was completely useless.
The cupholders for the SAAB as mentioned above seem pretty easy to come by, but they are a two tray combo cup/coin. Yours looks like just a cupholder, which is exactly what I would like.
What kind of vehicle is yours for/from? I've been thinking this is the right solution ever since I got the one from acuradriver and realized it was a bit of a bust.
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Carl Curry
use the search function on this forum, Under "cup holders" That should bring up a previous post with more detail and pictures of how I made them. The holder is from a Toyota Tercel. If you can't find the post , e-mail me and I will send the pictures to you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts