Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to add useful cupholders to a '91 4 door?
I'm looking for something a little better than the ones that hang off the window channel. Anything that looks more integrated with the interior?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the 92-95 lid is a direct swap for my '91 lid? Does anybody have a picture of this, or know if it is still available through Acura?
Thanks for the information!
Jim

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Yes, it should be a direct swap. The only difference between the two that I know of is the cup holder.

I've heard that it's pretty pricey to buy new from the dealer. Try looking for cars that are parting out, or something.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Different

I am told the 91 has different magnet locations for holding it closed, so the later models with cup holder will not work in your 91...mine is a coupe. The sedan could be same.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I don't believe you can simply just swap the lids to the lid with a cup holder, as like mentioned, the magnet location is different as well as the hinge placement for the lid. However, you can still use the OEM cup holder lid of you replace the entire enter counsole with the lid included. A few people have done so with their manual Legends, as no manual Legend includes the cup holder for shifting safety purposes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cupholder console in a manual Legend

I know this thread is ancient, but I guess I'll post my follow-up here? (If there is a more appropriate thng to do here please let me know, I'm a newbie here ...).

The question is, has anyone actually replaced the console in a manual G2 Legend sedan with the one with the cupholder in it? My Legend (1994 Sedan 5-speed) has a cracked console, which I was debating replacing ($125 quote from a dealer), but if I can get a cupholder that is functional and doesn't interfere with the stick shift (despite initial Acura designers not doing this) I might go for it.

Thanks in advance ...

- L

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.