Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can those with systems post what amps they have and the fuse they have in them? i'm tryin to see how much current everyone is drawing from the stock alternator. also, i'm planning on rewinding my alternator for more output. if there's enough interest, i might be able to set up a group buy. if not, i can just send you the contact info of the company that does it.

for example, i have an alpine 1507 and 307. one has an 80 amp fuse and the other has a 30 amp fuse. i want to add more amps but i think the alternator will die if i do.

thanx in advance for the info.

-j

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
ok, I had 3 Crossfire 1000-D high current amplifiers running 6 JL 12W6 at one point in time in my G1 Sedan. I was sitting at a light one time playing something with some heavy bass and the car shut off. I was like WTF? I got a jump from some guy and went to the parts store. I bought Two batteries and bought the wiring the next day to go from (3) 8 guage power wires to (3) 4 guage wires. I used a Phoenix Gold circuit breaker which I think was basicall a 100 amp fuse that was resettable. My lights never dimmed again. I have never had a problem with Legend alternators not putting out enough juice. The problem you may be having is probably in the wiring or you may be in need of a second battery.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
(3) 4 guage wires? do you mean from a ditribution block or 3 of them tapping into the batterry? also, with the second battery, did you use a battery isolator? thanx.

-j

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
one 2 guage wire running from the front battery to the rear battery. three 4 guage running from a phoenix gold terminal on the secondary battery to the amplifiers. the circuit breaker was in between the two batteries. sorry I wasn't too clear in the last statement.

no battery drain, ever after the install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts