Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've recently purchased this bad boy for real cheap, something along the lines of $600!! Clean title, Registered, Smogged, all the parts are newly replaced including the timing and water pump, and believe it or not only 127k miles! Rides smooth and starts up very clean. Anyways, let me get to the point, i am on putting on a 3-4 week span project. No internal engine mods, just for show :woot: to prove really how luxury Acura was back then! Planning on putting in Pioneer navi, speakers, amp, and Kicker subs, JDM one peice headlights, with new paint job sitting on some classy style 17 or 18's(haven't decided yet). But enough said, for now i took some basic pics of her for the before, will start working on her next week and keep you guys updated!

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
good luck man cant wait to see pics

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
its about time someone showed some jdm love to 1 of these. im gonna watch this build.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATED

UPDATE:

So anyways, after recently posting this, i myself couldn't wait so as soon as daylight hit, i went out ASAP and started working on her. Didn't wanna wake the neighbors with my sanding so i drove to the nearest alleyway near a park. I know i said i'm keeping it strickly luxury, but this is luxury on a budget xP, so i am doing the paint job myself. So, i started sanding on the old oxidized hood from old age and primer old girl from the hood down. Sorry, only had my phone on me so excuse the crappy pics:

After all that work, i had to run back home and get some tools to remove the lights, emblems, and such, also some masking tape for the trims where i didn't want paint on. From 9 am to 3 pm i've finished fully priming and sanding more down, i am thankful my nephew helped me sand or i would've never finished and given up:bowdown:. Here is the semi finished product, gotten a little too excited so i thought it would be cool to paint the hood and see how it would turn out.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
now all you need is some inspire emblems and other jdm accesseries.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now all you need is some inspire emblems and other jdm accesseries.
No disrespect or anything and to other JDM enthusiasts, but i highly adore Acura's name plate and i don't think i would change it even though it would compliment the car nicely. I purchase JDM parts if it really benefits the car physically like headlights to see, well actually i just want the 1 peice headlights because they look simple compared to the US spec. Plus, i'm on a tight budget and the type of guy who regrets spending more money on the ride than what it cost:yes:.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
No disrespect or anything and to other JDM enthusiasts, but i highly adore Acura's name plate and i don't think i would change it even though it would compliment the car nicely. I purchase JDM parts if it really benefits the car physically like headlights to see, well actually i just want the 1 peice headlights because they look simple compared to the US spec. Plus, i'm on a tight budget and the type of guy who regrets spending more money on the ride than what it cost:yes:.
lol i feel you on that. thats why my alpha touring grills all have the honda h cut out of them and have the acura a in them now. i just think the name inspire suites the car better then vigor just my 2cents.

·
Registered
146 Posts
nice! cant wait to see the finished product! I always did like Vigor's back in the day, although they were extremely rare.

They say, "Vigor's are like the red headed step child of the Acura family". - Anonymous Source (can't remember where I read that)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE:

So yesterday 6/29/09, i continued on with the project and finished painting on with the color coat(sunrise red). let it sit for a good 3 hours, went out and got some clear gloss coat and started aiming. After a long hard days work, me and the guys(4 people total) worked on the windows that i oversprayed on. Here is the current situation, i need to finish off with a razerblade on the excess overspray on my windows. Once that is finished, then i would have clean windows to tint with. BTW recently i been getting many looks and nods from people saying wassup on the road ever since i painted it this sunrise red color theme:yes:, so i guess its been going good for me:thumbsup:

Here she is currently on 6/30/09:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks pretty shitty.
Thanks! All good, anyways

UPDATE: 7/2/09

I've gotten tired working on the car. Working my 9-5 alone is already stressing the hell out of me. So yesterday 7/1/09 i decided to leave the car with my friend so he can hook up the audio and sound system. If you haven't already known about my totaled Legend, well i already stripped it of its audio components and wires and had my friend transfer everything. He transfered all my equipment to the vigor and switched out all the stock audio. I was at work, so he brought it by so i could check it out, pretty sweet sound just like how it sounded in my legend, so i snapped a few pics with my phone during my break. Don't mind the crappy mobile pics. BTW: My work car is the 03' accord, and yes i do work at a nail salon, and yes i am a guy:yes:

No interior pics, had to get back to work, but i will soon update. This included the 5's 200 watt Pioneers, 6x9's 400 watt Pioneers, 10' 300 Watt Kenwood Subwoofer, with standard Kenwood 50 x 4 Indash. I am planning on getting rid of the deck and installing a Pioneer F700BT Indash Navigation, and upgrading the sub to a 12' Kicker SoloBaric L7. For the amp, no idea yet, but when i get one, i'll make sure its something basic. All cables including RCA's are ready.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE 7/5/09

Since yesterday was July 4th, i finally had a whole day off from work so i worked on the car AGAIN! Just doing some basic tune up and spraying down the brakes and such. I finally got to taking pics of my audio set up. Its basic though really, last time my friend brought the car to my workplace, my boss aka my uncle saw my ride was desperately in need of some beat so he personally gave me his very ancient MTX Digital box with a 10' MTX sub and tweeters. Man, this thing sound sweet!!! For a 10' it knocks harder than the 12' Dual 500 i bought. Oh yeah i got a 600 watt Dual 4 channel amp off cheap from my friend, something on the lines of $20 :thumbsup: and you cant go wrong there since im on a budget:yes:. Well here is where i am at currently, still in the process of upgrading to a Pioneer F700BT. Only thing different here is, i got some gold license plate holders for the baby. Will have vids soon of the audio, believe it or not shit KNOCKS!!

Still in the process of getting a box for this 12'

·
Holla at Ya Boy
1,448 Posts
I admire your effort. But after you sanded the car and primered it, you should have taken the car to the cheapest body shop and have them paint the car. The way it looks currently is not good. I know you were on a budget, but the car with it's original faded paint looks better than your back yard spray paint job.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I admire your effort. But after you sanded the car and primered it, you should have taken the car to the cheapest body shop and have them paint the car. The way it looks currently is not good. I know you were on a budget, but the car with it's original faded paint looks better than your back yard spray paint job.
I know, i know! I admit, i fucked up on this one. Originally, i was just going touch up the hood and trunk areas where it was oxidized, but because how cool i thought it would to be to DIY the whole thing i ended up with this. So now, i am deciding to spend the last 300-400 on bringing it to a proper body shop and have them repaint or its goin towards a Pioneer F700BT Navi. Well, at least good news is, audio set up is about done as i've been gifted a 12' Kicker Solobaric w/ ported box by one of my uncles from club S2ki.com. But this was after i bought some JL audio's for the ride:rolleyes:. Yes, i know we're on a budget but this was too much for me to even pass up. I am really thinkin about upgrading the amp as it sounds too underpowered, i can see the potential for these JL's. But nonetheless, it sounds great as expected!

12' Kicker SoloBaric w/ ported box

2 12's JL Audio w/ Dual Box

New shot with gold plates(if it matters)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol wow i havent been on here in ages! Sorry not to keep you guys updated but i have done a few more upgrades since then. It's still a work in progress and a long ways to go. The last thing i plan on doing to this car is a proper paint job and i am still working on getting 1 peice JDM headlights. But here she is.

(Before) Me and my buddy's LS Legend

Had to get some shots of her with my other

1st, Tinted windows 5% limo (Yes, i swiped her with my fence one drunk night)

2nd, Replaced standard Kenwood deck w/ In-Dash Pioneer Flip LCD w/ Navigation

3rd, Painted my rotors and calipers my favorite color (Yes, flame away)

4th, Threw on some chrome 17's

Before i painted my calipers

My GOAL

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, i ditched the pioneer because the lcd motor was too slow and would go out within the year so i replaced it with a Nitro 6.2' DVD indash that is flushed into the dash. Upgraded the amp to a 600 Watt 1/2 channel Sony Xplod. I buffed the paint so now it looks tons less streaked. Took a few snaps of what the car looks like with new wheels.

Nitro 6.2' Indash DVD player

Took some pics after washing both my cars

·
Registered Loser
115 Posts
Is your hood bent or something? The whole front end of your car just doesn't come together the way it should.

If I were you I'd stop spending money on the sound system, ugly rims, and purple spraypaint and take the car to a paint shop. Even a shitty $299 Earl Scheib paint job will look better than your spraypaint. (Personally, I'd have left it primer gray until I had the money to take it to a REAL paint shop. I'd rather have a car that looked nice than have a sound system that let everyone know when I was coming down the street.)

Looking forward to pictures once it's painted properly.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts