Acura-legend.com banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
UPDATE: Things are coming together, slowly though so everyone bare with me. I'm trying to work as fast as i can on this project so i can finish hopefully by the end of this month. Everyone knows you cant finish anything if you don't get off your ass and put some effort in it, so today i did that:yes: First thing i did when i got home was put my oven mits on and started to preheat my oven to bake something. They say im quite the chef, so i baked me some fresh projectors, they came out nice....literally:yes: Got the gems i wanted off the headlights, so i finished the day off by starting to fix the timing belt, which i am 1/3 of the process completed. The radiator was a pain in the ass to take out especially on a bent radiator support. Finally took out the problem and was done for the day. Now on to pics;

Use oven to remove headlight housing (270 degrees fahrenheit for 20 mins), never leave unattended

Take a flathead screwdriver and pry open

Out it comes, easy as cake

And there you have it

Removed bezel, took what i came for

and they're these

Funny, these are shaped like they're meant for my JDM CC2 headlights :thumbsup:

See what i mean?

Howabout now? i guess i wont need to cut them in half or not much fabrication will be needed.

Ok, now to the camshaft, will adjust it later

Heres my broken timing belt

Up close

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
UPDATE: 3/16/10. This week has gone slow in progress, delayed further by taking sick days off. Mostly from being outside working on the car 2 days straight. I did all i can up to this point, anything else now is just worthless work endured into the car. Installed a new timing belt, set TDC marks correctly and aligned my crankshaft, and the results are not what i've expected. The car starts fine but engine shakes violently, not to mention tons of smoke exit the valve cover when warm. In my opinion, sounds most likely just bent valves and hopefully NOT my headgasket. Anyone have any ideas or input on what my problem could be or experienced this? Other than that, i was KO'd after wednesday to now. I also forgot to post full pics of the primered car so i will provide that now, and also a teaser pic for ya.

New timing belt

Crankshaft pulley off

Timing belt pulley

TDC on timing belt pulley

TDC on camshaft

Bumper (before)

KA7? Wtf was my friend smoking?

Sanded

Awhile ago:

Blah, how it is now

Wonder where shes going......

and heres your teaser for this week

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
nice shade of purple

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
nice shade of purple
i know right? Thanks! Can't wait to slap this on the car and see the outcome myself. But before we get to changes, lets all take a minute and appreciate it's before stages and its overall changes overtime.

Sunset red - Phase 2

w/ 90' Legend coupe wheels

w/ 17's Limited Chrome wheels

w/ JDM CC2 headlights (crappy traffic light camera)

Yes, traffic light camera :giggle:

END OF PHASE 2

Not too long ago - Phase 2.5 aka Optimus Prime

I do regret not giving it a proper red paintjob for this car, as it would have been very nice. But i guess its late now, as i change up and so this time purple might do it for me.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
its almost like purple on the engine in my 69 camaro.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Sounds great! Nice M3 Convertible in the first pic. :D
Thanks, that was one of my uncle's customers at a local meet.

Alright, i'm back you guys and i know its been a while. A long month has passed, i had relatives move from another country over and had to help them get settled. Running around doing business of my own has left my poor ride in the shadows, but i am now back now to make things up! I should've updated this thread with new parts i've received awhile ago, but never could get around to it. Currently, the engine is torn apart and my mechanic found no bent valves, which is strange. There was a pool of coolant in the cylinders but the headgasket looks still good, either way i had him take the head to get machined just in case. Once that is finished, hopefully by the end of this week, i can finally lay on this damn paint! BTW; while running around, i found a nice vigor for $400, and you know me i had to get it!:yes:

Some new pics;

Honda Inspire CB5 chrome Headlights

CB5 Bumper light

CB5 Grille; DAMN!

So....How the hell am i going to make this work?:wtf:

CC2 vs. CB5

Honda Inspire UA2 Metal door sills; some custom fabrication

Front:

Back:

My engine block currently:

Coolant in cylinders 4 & 5

Oh, and this vigor i bought. Eh =/

Before:

After; you know me, it has to be on some rims!:rofl:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
Blah, wow i have not been on here for a while! Time flies but, great news from left to right. Everything's going great, the project is moving along, but like always, delays and not to mention things get in the way for me. At least i can finally work in peace during the summer now. Got tons of pics i snapped overtime, but never could find the time to get on and upload to keep ya updated as often as i would like to or on here in general. Alrighty then, lets get to the pics overdose!:woot:

Lets start off, the heart is now active and much alive! :yes:

Borrowing my neighbors driveways to work on my garage renovation (Pretty much why i was busy):p

Time to clean up, stripping the interior as i am also painting door jambs.

Some interior stuff out

In the garage

What little im working with :(

Hood

Afterwards

So here's are some quick shots with the front and back end, just to get a glimpse of what it will look like.

Next to my first ever Toyota.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
HOLY PURPLE -- will you be calling it Barney? Looks good, I like the unique (yet JDM) direction you're taking. The wheels on the new Vigor remind me of the Alpina wheels (for their BMWs).
LOL @ Barney, I can see why though haha! Exactly, i agree with you. My main direction for this car is JDM because its only right, some luxury hence VIP inspired, and OEM premium feel with the chrome accents i'll be adding later on. Next would be me touching up the body again, for another spray down and clear coat. I would also need to fully align my front end and hopefully hunt down a nice radiator support. And i cant wait for those jdm folding mirrors! :thumbsup: But overall, currently as it is, i constantly get looks from every direction even when the car has not moved yet an inch. :giggle:

BTW; Let me introduce you guys to a future Legend member. I've already told him about you guys and the forum so expect him soon. As a matter of fact he frequents this forum but has not yet registered, but i'll nag him a little more hahaha!:p

Currently, more precise shade in correct light:

·
7,284 Posts
it's coming along nicely. I like the fact that your doing your own thing regardless of what others think:thumbsup: I wish more people would think outside the box. It would make the car game come alive again!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Talk about never updating anymore, shame on me! I get early shifts now each day so i barely have time to check and update myself with the forums. Sorry to those who keep posted on this thread to see my progress. Well basically, i just cleaned it up a little more. Need to sand down the car and prepare for respray of 2 more base coats, then hit it with a clear coat. Here are some current pics of it as is; updates will come soon.

I'm always by the legends, any given time or day :thumbsup:

Half of the crew; Put down for Club Acura Sacramento!:yes:

and a PS'd teaser, CANT WAIT!

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
not bad at all and yea its about time you updated this lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
I gotta say you deserve a lot of props even though it may not be nice in other peoples point of view but you stuck with it and you keep going. I give u an A for your effort. :thumbsup: I personally would have invested all that money into another car like your accord or something else. Vigors are nice but I think of them as baby legends.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Haha, thanks guys means a lot to me! I don't wanna be just a common car enthusiast, i wanna be THAT guy who first comes to mind when talking about the Vigor/Inspire. But yeah moving on, some of the main people in the club usually the party people wanted to do a photoshoot with me(the leader), so i decided why not!:woot: Sadly, only 4 of out 6 members could make it due to schedule and what not. Headed to our local alumi high school's key club car wash to support of course before shooting! So enjoy the pics, just some basic club pics.

Got to support the local community!:thumbsup:

94 Integra, 92 Inspire, 96 TL, 93 Legend

Represent CAS!

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
Haha, thanks guys means a lot to me! I don't wanna be just a common car enthusiast, i wanna be THAT guy who first comes to mind when talking about the Vigor/Inspire. But yeah moving on, some of the main people in the club usually the party people wanted to do a photoshoot with me(the leader), so i decided why not!:woot: Sadly, only 4 of out 6 members could make it due to schedule and what not. Headed to our local alumi high school's key club car wash to support of course before shooting! So enjoy the pics, just some basic club pics.

Got to support the local community!:thumbsup:

94 Integra, 92 Inspire, 96 TL, 93 Legend

Represent CAS!
nice club pic yall have.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts