Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i had this idea of removing the amber....and replacing it with a piece of clear plastic,.........IT WORKED!!!!!.........it looks a bit amateur up close.......but just looking at it you cant tell.........!!! im only 1/2 way done got the left side to do first thing tomorrow.........feeeedback!!!!

Before:

After:

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pics r kinda crappy,...i'll take more in the morning.......

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
hey bud, u gotta put the pics online or they wont show up for us, go somewhere like imagestation and upload your pics there.

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here r the pics

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hows it loook guys? honestly???......

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
you can not link the pics off your hard drive, no one can see them

you have to upload them onto a web server then link them here.

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oooooooooo

whoops....im working on it right now,.........

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:
sweet......could you post instructions? i'm interested in this DIY. Where did you get the material?
why would you do this? clear corners for the sedan can be bought for less than $30 a pair now. Now if you can make euro clears, then I'll be interested.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Hmmm, those don't look much different than the aftermarket clear corners you can buy...Look identical infact...Now if they had a JDM clear(non-white plastic) look to them, that would be better.

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
actually.......

it would not be hard to do that,.....i could have done that,...but i decided to go with the smoked plastic because i had some lying around the house,.....this mod can easily be made to make them look like euroclears,......all you need is a dremel,........the plastic u want to use,......and a sealant,........i used silicone,....but whatever floats your boat............ just break off the amber,.......BE VERY CAREFUL..........i used the dremel to then chip off the excess,......then i cut into shape the replacement piece,......then cleaned everything up,......and sealed it in with silicone,.......thats pretty much it,.....i didnt spend 30 dollars,.......this mod was free,.....i had all the materials,.......all you need is a little time and patience,.....it took me a little over 3 hrs to do both sides,.............:-D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Matt Whelan said:
Hmmm, those don't look much different than the aftermarket clear corners you can buy...Look identical infact...Now if they had a JDM clear(non-white plastic) look to them, that would be better.
my point exactly........and its free. just like "why buy a CAI when you can do it Leons way and achieve the same result?"

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Re: actually.......

WicKeD LeGEnD said:
it would not be hard to do that,.....i could have done that,...but i decided to go with the smoked plastic because i had some lying around the house,.....this mod can easily be made to make them look like euroclears,......all you need is a dremel,........the plastic u want to use,......and a sealant,........i used silicone,....but whatever floats your boat............ just break off the amber,.......BE VERY CAREFUL..........i used the dremel to then chip off the excess,......then i cut into shape the replacement piece,......then cleaned everything up,......and sealed it in with silicone,.......thats pretty much it,.....i didnt spend 30 dollars,.......this mod was free,.....i had all the materials,.......all you need is a little time and patience,.....it took me a little over 3 hrs to do both sides,.............:-D
how did you get the new peice to curve in the shape of the corner lights. You should try this with the tails.
Also can you get a clearer pic and a closer pics, I want to see how you sealed up the lense. Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.