Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. My front motor mount is busted it looks like its got some sort of hydralic shaft in it kinda like a mini strut or shock. I was thinking of using that 3m liquid stuff to fix my motor mounts has anyone tried that stuff before or heard of results. The motor mount is over 100 bucks as opposed to 5 bucks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
That front mount takes all the torque when you hit the gas. I doubt that a motor-mount-in-a-can will hold it together.

Kind of like that engine-restorer-in-a-can. If it really worked, it would cost more than $5. Waste of money.

FYI, I replaced this mount on my car recently. I got the cheaper mount from World-Pac, and the stud on top broke off as I was tightening it! When I looked at the broken area of the stud, the metal itself was contaminated or rusted throughout, INSIDE THE METAL! They obviously used cheap, porous metal. Needless to say, I got the REAL engine mount from Acura. Wouldn't recommend anything else. I know, it's more money, but you'd better bite the bullet now, instead of replacing it again next week.

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Its funny I was just talking with someone about this a few days ago....like Chopped said, that front mount is a real load bearer...but....the side mounts and maybe the tranny mount might be good to experiment on if someone wanted to give it a try...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.