Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Price, not cheap, $275 per bar. Face it low production runs are costly. In this case after research and development 2 of each were produced. Attempts to launch a group buy failed miserably. Thus resulting in LegendGS and myself with only bars made.

One...

Fut :2cool:

· Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
misdeismo said:
wow, do you notice a huge difference?
In a word, yes!!! The GS feels even more planted with last week's installation of the Addco front sway bar.

One...

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
Fut said:
In a word, yes!!! The GS feels even more planted with last week's installation of the Addco front sway bar.

One...

Do you use this in conjunction with the MLS copy bar? And if so, don't they cancel each other out?

· Registered
9,369 Posts
Fut said:

Price, not cheap, $275 per bar. Face it low production runs are costly. In this case after research and development 2 of each were produced. Attempts to launch a group buy failed miserably. Thus resulting in LegendGS and myself with only bars made.

One...

:bowdown:

I am glad they Development is done. It looks great!
Later!
Lee

· Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
duck said:
Do you use this in conjunction with the MLS copy bar? And if so, don't they cancel each other out?
Fut said:
Got it installed today and let me tell you it's all that and a bag of chips. The difference in handling through the curves I take daily let's me know it was worth every penny spent.

What's helping the GS 6 Speed stick to the curves?

Up Front:
Copy MLS Strut Tower Bar
Addco Sway Bar

Out Back:
Addco Sway Bar
Short Tie Bar
Long Tie Bar

Future Help Help Around the corners:
Ground Controls

One...

· Sales Guido
1,105 Posts
Looks great! I've been waiting to see when someone was going to develop a tie bar. Hopefully I'll have some $$$ after I graduate and finally be able to redo my suspension like I want to.

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
The front and back ties/strut bars don't cancel each other out? I ask because in the V6P forums, about two years ago a number of members installed front and rear stut bars and ties, and the consensus seemed to be that doing both balanced the car back out, but doing one or the other decreased understear (I'd need to look it back up, but I am pretty sure the front strut bars decreased understeer, and the rear ties increased oversteer, for the same effect...when both were done, you got no gain--but don't quote me on that).

I guess what I am asking is, did you do it all at once? And if not, what did doing each one piece-by-piece do for handling? I'd be interested in a blow by blow account of what changes were incurred.

· I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
duck...the accounts will say the addition of the front bar will say it "cancelled" out but it's not the case...

what the theory is, is that you'll cancel out the supposed gain from adding a front bar. but these bars are far from made to be equal to stock.

the rear bar increased stiffness by 180% i think. the fron only increased stiffness by like 80-100%. so you're still going to have a car that's pretty tail happy (the legend is tail happy regardless).

the most important thing about the bars is that they reduce body roll by a good deal. this allows you to put more weight to the tires versus the centripetal energy being used to compress the suspension. this increases cornering stability and speed through most high speed and lower speed corners.

the changes of a tighter rear and front anti-roll bar are not something that can be cancelled out.:)

im still mad i didn't get mine...ADDCO didn't get back to me. :(

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
Okay, gotcha. I've been trying to find the V6P thread, but have had no luck. I've not been active there since my current Accord pissed me off, LOL.

I didn't have $275 when Fut and Stevieray put the last GB together...I'm better off now, but of course, no bars available. I don't think I am as pressed to do the rear tie-bars since those who have the strut bar say its the best thing since...the Acura Legend.

· :)
437 Posts
Nice hardware!!! If you decide to produce these later on I would be willing to geta set if I have ot made my own by then. Also does anyone know off hand the main load axis, I'm thinking about making a set from carbon but I need the load axis first.

· Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
duck said:
I guess what I am asking is, did you do it all at once? And if not, what did doing each one piece-by-piece do for handling? I'd be interested in a blow by blow account of what changes were incurred.
The MLS Strut Tower Bar was the first addition. And let me tell you, it's just what the doctor ordered. Then 2+ years down the road Tie Bars make their way to the rear and the Legend's tail happy end was less happy in an instant. Next up, the rear Sway Bar. Now the Legend is azz is tight. Six months later the front Sway Bar brings everything full circle.

One...

aZtEcLeGeNd said:
Fut, how can we go about aquiring these bars if at all? I'm good for funds...
I'll check and post details ASAP.

One...

Ballistic said:
Hopefully you'll be at the next legend meet.
We need to talk, wit'tha quikness!!! Git @ me!!!

One...

· Registered
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ok the conversation was brief but the manufacturer is willing to make more bars. Currently they're readying cars for the SEMA Show. I'll post G/B pricing ASAP.

One...

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
Fut said:
Ok the conversation was brief but the manufacturer is willing to make more bars. Currently they're readying cars for the CEMA Show. I'll post G/B pricing ASAP.

One...

Which bars?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.